Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Beautiful beginnings

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jude

JUDE
the only heart
i've ever broken
is my own
Jude has been alone. Aimless hours spent sealed away and pondering, bitterness slowly seeping in and he can’t help but feel angry at himself. Had he truly expected a storybook ending? The unknown is a beast that Jude can never conquer. It is a Goliath that can’t be struck down, always looming, always waiting. He trembles with indignation and can’t help but scold himself for the toxicity bubbling inside his own chest. This fool’s errand has proven to do little to ease the scars left from the venomous prince that had pushed him to a breaking point. Jude misses his mother and her vibrancy, that tenacity and nurturing nature of hers. He misses the steadiness of his father, quiet and comforting in his still and firm strength. They had been proud, beaming when their son stepped from the dragon fire something more beautiful. Rebirth hadn’t done anything for him. Leaving home hadn’t done anything for him. Where is the cure to his ailments that plague him?

He wanders to the cliffs, ready to stare down the roaring tide that had carried him to Novus. Mittens is wandering beside him and soon the pair can hear the echo of the ocean. It’s a comforting noise and he’s ready to find a way for it to carry him home. He can see another figure there, and for a moment he contemplates turning away but rather he approaches onwards. For a moment he swallows the fear and draws up to the Cliffside and stares down into the raging waters below.

“I-I ho-hope I’m not in-intruding,” Jude stutters, tripping over his words as he turns his eyes towards the other mare. He longs for solace from his own mind, reprieve from the nagging fear. It is apparent he won’t find that in who he believed himself infatuated with, so it is time he turns towards the horizon and begin his quest to return home… For what he believed to be here isn’t, all there is is a bitter taste on his tongue. Or perhaps he might finally find solace in individuals unknown to him.

Image by CreditCode by Tribs

@Faye

Messages In This Thread
Beautiful beginnings - by FAYE - 10-18-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: Beautiful beginnings - by Jude - 11-07-2017, 05:42 PM
RE: Beautiful beginnings - by FAYE - 11-14-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: Beautiful beginnings - by Jude - 11-16-2017, 05:20 AM