Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - like a wolf in love with the moon.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

she walked in moondust
and stars were sprinkled in her hair

Sweat glistened along the ebony of her coat in a fine sheen in the starlight. Her swings timed as she fought her invisible opponent. Grunting and sliding along the stones in fluid movements; a dancer shadow boxing the night itself. Her attention was honed, almost too much so, as she hyper focused into every spin and punch with calculated grace. She was a warrior, through and through. The delicate curve of ears flickered at the slightest sound as Calligo's shadows swept into a collected hush, allowing one more Child of the Night to enter into the courtyard. Without turning, she knew.. a silver chord tied around her heart and decorated in the same coins at her throat tinkling, pulling her, tugging her, to look behind her. To the gypsy that she knew was standing there.

A-Aislinn?

She panted, the sweet ecstasy of endorphins lacing through her blood and bones, a hint of a smile, of hope, gracing her lips. The sound of her name had her whirling, and a heartbeat later her wings furled close to her sides, her brows raised in surprise. Oxygen caught in her lungs as she held her breath, wondering who, who could the voice belong to. Which one of her Sisters, her kin, had found her here, just as she knew they would. The flaming blue of her eyes burned with warmth as they landed on the slithering darkness, and the figure who's frame almost glowed at the edges beneath the silver moon. And there.. in the starlight, a trembled gasp fluttered from her lips.

Aislinn..

The milk chocolate of her coat almost shimmered under the stars as the gypsy stepped forward on unsure legs, but the stormsinger didn't care. Didn't notice anything except the shock and happiness that flooded her veins, her heart, and down to the marrow of her bones. Any one of the Rahilah would have been enough. Any one of her Sisters, her beloved tribe, would have sent her heart soaring into the heavens. But before her now, her notion proving right, her gut instinct proving true, Aislinn was elated. The rumor could have been anyone, anyone.. but it was her. Her friend. Someone she would have laid her life down for; someone she knew since she was young. Someone who knew the darkest parts of her and still stood at her side.

How's it going soul sister?

A smile broadened over the gypsy's face, soft and kind and wonderful to see, a matching grin blossoming over Aislinn's own features. She stepped forward, her wings tucked at her sides as she moved and took in the woman's face. Joy cocooned her in a warm glow as she tucked back the braids in her hair, the blue of her eyes shining bright as flames. "Mor.." she started, one wing unfurling as she tucked it over the woman's star-kissed back, neck brushing her in a sidelong embrace. "Mor.. I'm well. Really well, thank you." The stormsinger leaned back, crown tilting to the side. "But Mor.. tell me about you. I heard rumors that there was another gypsy here.. but I didn't know. If I had known, I would have found you myself," she bit out, her voice breathy as the words tumbled out in quick strings, her excitement barely contained.

She could barely believe it.. her friend, her childhood friend, her sparring partner. Here. In the heart of the Night Court, in the City of Starlight. Now she was not a Maiden, despite her title.. but a gypsy. One Sister to another, gathered under a sea of glittering stars.

@Morrígan -screams internally-
"Aislinn speech."

space

Messages In This Thread
like a wolf in love with the moon. - by Aislinn - 10-22-2017, 10:35 AM
RE: like a wolf in love with the moon. - by Morrígan - 11-08-2017, 09:30 AM
RE: like a wolf in love with the moon. - by Aislinn - 11-11-2017, 10:39 AM