Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - *now or never; [tw]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vhetiveer

His heart slows down from Tarquin's questions rather than speeding up to the pound-pound-pounding of love's desires.  His patina-green eyes blink slower yet as he tries to understand where Tarquin may be coming from after having been away for so long.  Is it because of that?  -- Exactly that? -- That Tarquin feels the need to reclaim all the reasons why Vhetiveer chose to look past the disastrous beginnings that brought them together?  Has his absence driven a wedge between them?  

Vhetiveer stands calm and resolute despite Tarquin's obvious turmoil, his eyes remain gentle yet thoughtful as he takes in the whole picture of his mate.  He has kept himself well (for that alone, most of Vhetiveer's worries dissolve almost instantly) -- and it is easier to smile at Tarquin, a genuine, golden smile.  A soft sigh escapes him as he bumps the man more affectionately.  Forgiveness took strength and courage, to rise up to the challenges that it brought with it and at last - to conquer.

"It gets easier every day to forget the reasons why when I can see what joy it has brought me.  And as you know Que, how is one to discern joy from all else without pain and suffering?  Haven't you suffered enough for this?  You must release yourself from the past - it is over and I am here."   Vhetiveer was never good at reassuring someone who was upset that all was well - for one, he himself had never been very solvent and it was almost always Tarquin trying to calm him.  Yet it had been months and months since they had last seen each other and Time had found Vhetiveer in a better place.

"Ucal will be with us soon, he is alive.  He is very well.  He is...young."  He still couldn't believe it.  "I'll tell you exactly where I've been and what I have been doing - and I am very sorry I left without warning but you weren't home when the caravan came to our tavern.  I couldn't let the opportunity to find our boy to pass - and with the ashes gone..."  I was desperate, his look says as he fixates a pitiful look on Tarquin. 

"They were talking about an Oracle up in the mountains, one who granted miracles for the right price.  I tricked them into taking me on board - I used my lucky rabbit routine and they bought it.  It took forever to get there but no one else I met knew the way but these men had a rare map in hand.  I tried to steal it and go on my own but it was enchanted to work only for the driver."  By now Vhetiveer was grinning, the heat from the fire in his eyes over how exciting the adventure had been radiated like sunshine from him.  "It took months to get there - by the time I was presented to the Oracle I had decided to forfeit my magic to her in exchange for our boy." 

But why wasn't Ucal here now?  Vhetiveer wasn't prepared to answer such a question but before Tarquin could have the chance to ask it - he tried to explain as best as he could.

"I have a guarantee that he will come when he can.  The power that it takes is Great and the Oracle said as soon as I felt the magic leave me and as soon as I found you that she would fulfill her promise to me.  Until then, we should try to find ourselves a new place to live.  I don't think we'll be fitting into bunny burrows any time soon."  He said with a wry grin, trying his best to lift Tarquin's spirits.

Messages In This Thread
*now or never; [tw] - by Tarquin - 10-26-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: *now or never; - by Vhetiveer - 11-05-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: *now or never; - by Tarquin - 11-06-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: *now or never; [tw] - by Vhetiveer - 11-06-2017, 10:33 AM
RE: *now or never; [tw] - by Tarquin - 11-06-2017, 03:12 PM