Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Passing Through  - [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nephele

Nephele

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

Transformation comes to us all in a never-ending train of choices and decisions. The needle of the compass seeming to point one direction but suddenly spinning and halting in another direction. Some choices are easy and some come with costs, costs that you never realize until months or years later. The ripples returning to you in small waves but sometimes with a tidal wave that it strikes you numb. What has Nephele done now that she has chosen to leave her people? She wants this, needs this, craves this! Everything in her wants to stop running all the time since these strange horses appeared, tourists, transplants, and foreigners. Part of her is disgusted by this disease that has taken over her home but the youthful soul inside her wants to be a part of this revolution. She watched them from afar, knowing every time they came near so that her tribe could run. This time she uses the skills taught her as a yearling to stalk them.

The first victim she notices as she drifts on the warm currents of pressure remaining from the day. Her presence disguised in the fading light of sunset. The low hanging clouds protecting her presence. The dark stallion with a crown of spikes emerges from a cave in the thieving grounds like he is about to melt. Nephele thinks he is about to fall over and die but he doesn’t so she decides to circle. This is entertainment. He is sleek and like many of the immigrants, he looks strange and stranger. She uses her wings perfectly build for stealth and speed to observe him before descending slowly.

She lands with only the slightest disturbance of dust and miniscule rocks as she was taught to do from a young age right here in Novus. She tucks her wings neatly at her side as she eyes the stranger in the colors of the evening. She chooses a spot above him where she hopes to be secretive but in no way possible to be completely undetectable.

It’s not like you have never seen a sunset before!

She speaks sarcastically with a lighthearted laughter. She looks at him from one of her two-toned eyes. She wants to see what makes these creatures tick and why it led them to her home. Is there any way to stop their advance? Maybe she can get them to go away so that her people can live in peace again.

@Deimos

Messages In This Thread
[All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Deimos - 10-28-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Nephele - 11-01-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Seraphina - 11-02-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Deimos - 11-02-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Nephele - 11-07-2017, 02:59 AM