Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Passing Through  - [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nephele

Nephele

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

The air at this altitude is hard to inhale but being genetically designed for the sky, she has larger than normal lungs to handle more oxygen with each breath. The air is harsh and dry on the delicate skin but she feels all the moisture that the barren peaks offer. Her eyes and thinned to protect her dual colored eyes from the last of the evening winds. Her skin can feel the pressure dropping with the sun. She listens to the breathing of her victim as she notes his strange coat and eyes, he even smells like something foul, like something that has been long abandoned in a box and grown dusty and moldy.

Perhaps Nephele should be kinder to strangers and play better with others but she knows no one besides her family and all strangers have done for her is nothing but push the people she loves into a life of scarce food and always running to save their way of life. These foreigners have ruined everything so part of Nephele is bitter, why not? Does this stranger deserve it? Perhaps not but he is part of a larger change that Nephele is having a hard time accepting but she is trying.

With the same sneer, she stares right back into the leering look the male sends her way. Not all of us, just the cool ones. This one will be a delight to observe with his strikingly blue eyes and little black toothpicks. Reminds her of the porcupines that roam the deciduous forests of the higher forests. I wonder if when they break, will they grow back? In all honesty, Nephele is only 2 years of age and in no way immune to arrogance and idiocrasy but she is also not completely senseless.

Nephele’s gaze with the blue-eyed raven is broken and her ears glance backward when the tiger mare arrived. She is different. She smelled familiar and Nephele has seen this one before in the sand land. She didn’t seem very nice from a distance but her initial statement to the male suddenly gave the impression of gentleness. Nephele had already looked over the male for blood dripping or bones splintered through the skin and seen none from her position above him. There is nothing physically wrong with him so Nephele leans back and raises her head in observance and rocks back to relax one of her hind hooves with the flick of her silver and dusky tail.

The males comment is almost annoying but with a soft, exhale of air Nephele rolls her eyes and returns the grin to her face and gives her best impression of honey in her voice. Hers maybe, but not mine. Casually Nephele stares right at the dusty tiger mare and hesitates, she just reminds me so much of someone. Without missing a beat, Nephele gives breaks into a smile that flashes some of her pearly whites before answering the tiger's question. I came from that direction but we have not met before. I am Nephele. Trying to continue the conversation away from any further questions about her past she changes the conversation and leaves out the part where she already knows the female. Out of curiosity, what do you mean a new experience? There are no such places that have no sunrises or sunsets. Anyways you are in Novus now crazy man. Nephele had a feeling this would get under his skin a little but she wanted to see him huff and puff. If things got bad, Nephele could just fly away. Now she directs a question towards the Seraphina. Yes, Nephele knows her name form listening to the winds of conversation but she won’t tell her that. Are you from this Solterran? Those are the warrior people correct? Truthfully, nothing you hear from Nephele can be trusted unless she has sworn it to be so.

@Deimos @Seraphina
This post went in a direction I didn't expect but I had fun with it.
I hope you guys like it!

Messages In This Thread
[All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Deimos - 10-28-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Nephele - 11-01-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Seraphina - 11-02-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Deimos - 11-02-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: [All Welcome] Ashes to Ascend - by Nephele - 11-07-2017, 02:59 AM