Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [festival] to someone looking up

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morpho

Morpho is out of her element, moving out of the Dusk Court for the first time since arriving to Novus, a myriad of emotions dancing in her mind.  There is excitement and the prospect of seeing somewhere new, but still there is a trepidation, a fear of the unknown.  She is a quiet and unobtrusive creature, wandering almost unnoticed into the Dawn Court, with only the light of her necklace to guide in her journey.  It is the music that calls her closer, showing her the way as she listens for the faint strains which grow stronger as she nears the merry cheer of the festival – but Morpho is not in a hurry.  Instead, she takes her time, savoring the world around her as she goes.

The butterfly mare spots another in the distance, drawing in the mare’s scent with quiet observation, and finding her unmistakably Dusk.  Though she hadn’t met many in Terrastella yet, the sage smiled, speeding her pace until she kept up with the dark stranger, clearing her throat to the silence in introduction.  Hello.  Her voice is quiet, as she takes in the mood and feel of the woman beside her, noting the nerves and the caution she displayed with quiet curiosity and observance.  As an empathy, it is Morpho’s calling to help those who were in pain, and she reaches quietly toward the stranger – not quite touching her, but offering something a support.

We haven’t met, but I come from Terrastella as well.  I am Morpho, sage of the Dusk Court.  Are you on your way to the festival too?  She waits for a moment for an answer, but doesn’t allow much time for hesitation, in case Virun might change her mind.  I’m a bit new here, not quite familiar with Delumine.  Mind keeping me company?  Morpho tries to put the second mare at ease by offering her a glimpse into her own vulnerability, the smile evident in her voice even if the stranger cannot see it.  And in the hush of the meadow, there is a peace that comes from companionship, which the butterfly mare appreciates.

Morpho
sage of the dusk court
html by castlegraphics; image by nikkayla

@Virun

Messages In This Thread
[festival] to someone looking up - by Virun - 10-28-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: [festival] to someone looking up - by Morpho - 10-29-2017, 12:32 PM