Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Does the Moon Know Your Name, Too?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Adelheid

Adelheid
Inadvisable, that’s how strolling along an unknown beach in the middle of the night would be accurately described. Willfully irresponsible even, with the rhythmic crashing of waves and a near constant whine of coastal wind in her ears negating her usually sharp sense of hearing. In fact, now that she thinks about it, the coast is an ideal place for an ambush. There’s noise interference, the overpowering odor of salt to mask any personal scent, the constant shifting of water to draw away a victim’s eye, loose and too yielding a footing to allow a clean escape. ”Storytellers should really utilize the setting more often in cautionary tales.” She announces to no one in particular, trailing along the waterline with her nose low and ears forward, stopping occasionally to overturn a shell or scatter a jiggling blob of seafoam with her breath.

”Why is it they always go for forests?” She asks the tiny scavenger birds, creeping close to watch their hunt for burrowing mollusks in the sand. ”We’re good at running and weaving. If I were going to murder someone, I wouldn’t play into that strength.” She’s quick to assure the pipers, despite being undeterred by the morbidity of the subject, ”Not that I plan on murdering anyone that is.”

Embarrassingly, it’s at that particular moment that she realizes she’s not alone with the flotsam and shorebirds.

She startles, hazel eyes going wide and an involuntary burst of air fluttering across her nostrils as she stammers a graceless, ”O-oh! I didn’t notice you there!” To the star speckled mare in front of her. Heat sears across her dappled cheeks, embarrassment and anxiety tucking her leonine tail close to her heels. Ironic, she thinks with resentment, I guess that’s what I get for planning a hypothetical murder.

”speak”
@Ki’irha
No Matter How Far

Messages In This Thread
Does the Moon Know Your Name, Too? - by Ki'irha - 10-29-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: Does the Moon Know Your Name, Too? - by Adelheid - 12-17-2017, 09:35 AM