Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Dynasty

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kaisar

Pity was an insult to survivors, that much he knew. It downplayed the victory they had achieved by overcoming that which had tried to subdue them. Pity was a weapon, if anything, a dagger laced with poison. It had no place to belong except in shadowed games and verbal battles, aimed to fell an opponent in one shattering sentence. Kaisar's ear twitched and his lips curled upwards briefly. "He wasn't, his brother managed to get the drop on him, but he got his own back, eventually. I think the revenge was bitter sweet, since I dodged him so much at first." The warrior mused idly as he listed to Lyra speak, he hadn't come to the Mountain's today to reminiscence. For years he'd never spared a thought or a word, yet here he is. "There are no better games to play, our caretakers were rather dull, and half-as fun to meddle with. I assume it was the same for you and your brother?"

The silence was amiable. Pleasant. He allowed her words to drift unanswered into the crisp air, instead focused on his inner workings and the picture perfect view laid out beneath them. A man hewn from the volcanic earth, soot and obsidian stood beside a mare bedecked in stars and Calligo's blues. Until she asked about his mischief, and the magma hued beast hummed an acknowledging sound. "We sparred a lot, both against each other and the other foals. Rough housing and making mischief was second nature, I set his hair on fire, he would push me over the edge of things. Ours was a land built on conquest and war, you can imagine what games we often go up to for fun." Kaisar replied easily, words smooth and rich, the thick baritone of his voice reverberated deep in his chest.

He allowed himself to go silent again, before he spoke his next words. "It's funny, isn't it, how life works." The elder murmured nonchalantly, slitted pupils fixated in front of him rather than the star hued mare. "Those games were just games back then, you don't think anything of them. Climbing ragged cliffs, a fireball or three. Yet, as you grow up, you can find yourself playing those games seriously. More dangerously."

A breath is exhaled, and he remained detached. "Where is your brother now?"

Kaisar Talks
TAG: @Lyra

Messages In This Thread
Dynasty - by Lyra - 10-30-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: Dynasty - by Kaisar - 10-31-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Dynasty - by Lyra - 10-31-2017, 10:50 PM
RE: Dynasty - by Kaisar - 11-01-2017, 03:34 AM
RE: Dynasty - by Lyra - 11-01-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Dynasty - by Kaisar - 11-02-2017, 07:24 AM
RE: Dynasty - by Lyra - 11-05-2017, 03:03 PM
RE: Dynasty - by Kaisar - 11-06-2017, 10:13 AM