Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- i tried to hold these secrets inside me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pale

Pale had been assessing the river; silently, critically. She had not yet passed full judgement upon it, but it wasn't looking to be the most stable of water sources. That did not bar it from being a possibility, for she believed that she would be able to hold her own in this area, away from the rapids, if she were to wade around within the waters of it. Still, Pale liked the idea of being more submerged then this river could give in the more calm of areas through it. There was something utterly peaceful and comforting in the ability to go under all the way up to her nose with just her nostrils and top of her head above the surface. Like a crocodile, laying in wait.

There was more truth to that mental imagery, of course, with the sharp teeth and all. Pale had gained a taste for fish and flesh at a young age, though by now she no longer felt a pressured need to eat those things now. She was not perfectly sure what that meant, aside from allowing herself to slack in that sort of hunting. In the face of better, safer survival, Pale was relieved by this new development. Yet every now and then she would be hard pressed to give up going after fish altogether. Nosing around the riverbank now gave her time to eye the waters for fish as well, though she saw no terrible insufficiency in that area within the river. A tally in the column of approval.

All that would have to wait, because the sound of splashing took her attention and held it; someone was crossing the river. This had Pale stilling and peering in interested curiosity at the stallion braving the chilly water. It was enough to have her stepping daintily into the river, feeling the welcome chill of it sink in as she moved closer to the stallion, meeting him at a place only knee-deep and extending her nose towards him to inhale deep before offering to exchange breath with a soft, "hello." In greeting. Usually, Pale would be sharp with questions for anyone she met or was passing by, but for some reason her mind was more quiet in that regard; more interested in the stallion's proximity.

-- I WOULDN'T HOLD MY BREATH IF I WERE YOU
p a l e

view full image and credits here

@Kasil

Messages In This Thread
-- i tried to hold these secrets inside me - by Pale - 10-31-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: -- i tried to hold these secrets inside me - by Kasil - 11-07-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: -- i tried to hold these secrets inside me - by Pale - 11-07-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: -- i tried to hold these secrets inside me - by Kasil - 11-22-2017, 09:34 AM