Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - || a new hope dawns {relic contest}

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Inara

INARA

She flinched, taking a brisk step backwards as the stranger lifted off the ground -- a flash of memory slicing through her consciousness. It was all over in less than a moment, but it was enough to leave her unsettled and nervous. Her ears swiveled and twitched, her nares flaring as she tried to assess the striped stallion. She remembered a time when she had been forbidden to linger around the opposite sex, save for her own sire. He would have been furious to see her now, cavorting with strange males.

Inara shook her father’s image away, returning her attention to the ebonite -- his tone apologetic as he spoke. ”Oh.” She said softly, glancing up to meet an icy blue stare. ”I-I didn’t m-m-mean to uhm…” She didn’t wish to offend him by assuming he had been frightened of her, she was hardly worth a fright.. ”s-s-startle you.” He introduced himself, and she tucked his name away for safekeeping. She would want to remember it, just as she kept every single thing she learned. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, she worried that she would go back to her life of imprisonment and she would need the things she learned now. Otherwise, the hysteria would find her.

”Inara. My n-name is Inara.” The roan was about to excuse herself and depart, feeling embarrassed and unsure of herself when another appeared -- one that she did recognize from her home Court.

Damascus.

His name had been a whisper in the Court since his arrival, and somehow Inara was not surprised to see him -- even if she were too shy to say hello to him. He was a traveler, just as she was, although his large wings carried him much further than her feet. The dark stallion was young, and rumors swirled around him like leaves caught in an autumn wind. The scars of a terrible fate, and a ring of gold in his nose -- he was something to see, to be sure. And it seemed that the two of them had met before, this...Venari and Damascus. Perhaps. Inara stood idly by during the exchange, her gaze traveling back the way that she had come.

The mare offered a timid smile, bowing her head in the their direction. ”I t-took a l-look i-i-inside, but I didn’t f-find anything. M-m-maybe I j-just didn’t look well enough.” She offered, the whip of her tail slashing against her hinds. ”I...I should go.” She said, offering a slight nod of her head. ”V-Venari. D-D-Damascus.” She began to move forward again, her pace hurried as she sought to flee the scene.

@Venari @Damascus
She’s shy, and it’s fine to let her go ^^ Tis just her personality.

Messages In This Thread
|| a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Venari - 06-08-2017, 05:37 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Inara - 06-08-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Damascus - 06-09-2017, 05:09 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Venari - 06-09-2017, 05:52 AM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Inara - 06-10-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: || a new hope dawns {relic contest} - by Kaladin - 06-10-2017, 01:10 PM