Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Messenger

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ki'irha

At dusk, death came
in the form of a woman.

Ki'irha
Thunder sprang from her hooves as she ran.

Barely more than a week ago, she had happened upon Solterra. Though her visit was meant to be just that, the moment she had stepped hoof upon the Day Court’s capital, all hell had broken loose. A monstrous beast, a creature of ancient ruin, had fallen upon the towering precipice of the desert’s center. Many had sprung to arms, following the call of their commander, and Ki’irha, ever the warrior, could not stand idly by, so she joined the fray. Yet, before anything could happen, before they could inflict damage upon the great monster, it had taken to the sky, then plunged back to earth and plucked the desert’s king off of the sandy terra and carried him off into the clear blue sky. The people had converged, and another had stepped forward, spoken of the responsibility that she and a counterpart would assume. Ki’irha hadn’t stuck around for long after that; the people needed their time to mourn, to prepare, to adjust, and she didn’t need to be in the center of their changing of guards.

But this was important.

So, upon long legs and lean muscle she flew. She crossed the desert with difficulty, nearly becoming lost and consumed within the mirages and dehydrated dunes. She had found life within the Oasis, had supped the crystal waters until she could drink no more, and then again she vanished, moving beneath the coolness of the night. She had skirted past the mountains, ignored the way they called her name, and on she continued. Legs carried her across the Bellum Steppe, forcing her past equines who tried to intercept her, tried to entice her to fight, and though she easily avoided them, she didn’t leave the battle grounds totally unscathed; a gopher hole had consumed her ankle, and the swollen joint and burning strained tendons and ligaments slowed her considerably. She followed the coast line, tracing it’s uneven length, until home came into view.

As she stumbled into Terrastella, her body threatened to give out. She had only stopped long enough at any point between her start and finish to drink and eat the bare minimum to keep her going. Her heart pounded within her chest, her lungs burned like embers had been pressed into the tissue, and her muscles ached and pulled. She had pushed herself to the very end of her limits for the past few hours, knowing she was close to home, and as she crossed into the Dusk Court’s capital, she considered, for a moment, how ironic it would be for her to have successfully made the trip, only to drop dead upon her arrival.

Finally stopping, she found herself outside of the towering citadel that marked the capital. She stood upon shaking legs, her body perilously balanced upon the trembling extremities, and her sides heaved as she fought to catch her breath. Sweat foamed across her body, and her mane rested in tangles down the nape of her damp neck. She favored her front right leg, testing it gingerly with a wince every time she attempted to place weight upon it. Sand and dust and grime dirtied her, and it would be a miracle if anyone listened to her, seeing as how disheveled and filthy she was, but she didn’t care. She had made quite the trek, and she was a messenger with important news. This could potentially change everything.

“Please,” she called out, hoping someone would hear. She was unsure if any currently resided within the looming building before her, or if any were within earshot. “I request audience with the sovereign, but everyone must hear this. I’ve come with news all the way from Solterra.”

Her head dropped, ears lax, and she swallowed hard as she tried to fight the dryness within her mouth. Though her body threatened to fall, she remained strong. What she needed was care, healing, water and food, but everything she ever did was for the good of her herd. She was diligent, and she was loyal. She would always put those she protected before her. Who knew what would come with the fall of the King of Solterra? She waited for those who had heard her to gather. She lifted her head finally, looking upon them, and began to speak.

“I know many may not know me, as I am new here. My name is Ki’irha, and I’ve spent the last week carrying this information from the Day Court. Shortly after my arrival to Solterra to visit, the city fell under attack. A great teryr attacked the capital. Many fought, myself included, but the beast escaped. When it left, it carried off a great pegasus stallion, the one named Maxence - Solterra’s king.” She looked to gauge the reaction of those before her, before again continuing. “He is presumed dead. A woman, I am unsure of her name, spoke following his capture and assumed demise, and stated that herself as well as another woman, Seraphina, needed to discuss what to do next. I am unsure of their roles within the court, but it seemed as though the citizens that gathered looked to them for guidance following the events.”

The star-swept warrior fell silent, ready to answer any questions that she could. She was unsure what this would mean, unsure what she would start with this, but she knew one thing at least - she would finally be known, and perhaps this would help her find her place as a stranger within this herd.

Messages In This Thread
The Messenger - by Ki'irha - 11-04-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Florentine - 11-06-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Jude - 11-06-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Israfel - 11-07-2017, 09:24 PM