Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Messenger

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jude

JUDE
The only heart
I've ever broken
Was my own
He doesn’t belong. There’s nothing but a nagging sense of dysphoria and discomfort. Jude doesn’t know these people and he can’t find it in himself to pursue friendships. Fear keeps him sealed tightly in his own quarters, Mittens tucked close into his side during the long hours he wastes sleeping. It’s almost no different than Vectaeryn, the only exception seemingly the regressive nature of these equines that live only slightly above wild animals. He is sleeping when the summons come, a knock on his doors. Jude’s eyes open slowly and he can feel the weight in his chest.  He chokes on words and only gives the response of a nod before he nudges Mittens awake. Slowly the pair walk out of his chambers and start to seek out their newly crowned monarch. Mittens trots easily along beside him, tail raised in the air as they walk side by side. 

It isn’t long before he sees the golden monarch of dusk. Jude keeps his eyes cast downward and his body language meek. Even as the queen smiles the gesture isn’t returned, the kirin’s eyes remaining transfixed on the ground and he takes slow, long breaths to keep himself at ease. Florentine’s words sink in and they add more weight to the young kirin’s shoulders. Traveling to somewhere foreign with foreign individuals.

What do I do?! I don’t want to go, Jude asks through his bond, reaching out to Mittens. He watches the cat flick her tail and look up towards him.

You shed your tears and then you pick yourself up…  Mittens says simply, Get through and then we’ll evaluate what to do.

I want to go home.. Jude whispers miserably through their bond. All he can do now is question his foolhardy decisions that have been driven by obsession and infatuation. But still, he will press forward after he fulfills his duty. 
Image by QueerlyCode by Tribs

Messages In This Thread
The Messenger - by Ki'irha - 11-04-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Florentine - 11-06-2017, 02:47 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Jude - 11-06-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: The Messenger - by Israfel - 11-07-2017, 09:24 PM