Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest}

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

The little mare did not seem to notice her until she spoke; she started, twirling to face her, braids swishing against her sides. The mare stared her down wide-eyed, pale pink eyes momentarily horrified and expression almost comically flustered. Definitely not a threat. It did not take her long to regain her composure, and she greeted Seraphina with a dazzling smile, something she’d become rather unaccustomed to – it wasn’t unpleasant, however, and it seemed genuine. That didn’t mean that she trusted her yet. Seraphina didn’t return the gesture, features remaining as stony as ever, but there was no hostility in her gaze. The little mare said something about her presence being unexpected, then explained excitedly – almost childishly, though she looked a bit older than Seraphina – that she was searching for something that she couldn’t quite place, as a crafter, and she’d been fascinated by the markings on the cavern walls on the way. She then proceeded to ask if she knew what they meant. Seraphina allowed her gaze to slide over to the symbols, squinting to make out the shapes, decayed by time and dull in the presence of little light. “It’s an old dialect,” She said, extending her muzzle to brush against the cold wall for a fraction of a second, “but I think it is telling the story of how our courts came to be…the story of the gods...and as it goes on…” Seraphina took a few steps along the wall, narrowing her eyes. “An archive, maybe? These look like records – blessings and encounters.” She inclined her head at the mare. “Your accent seems foreign – I assume you are from another land. I can read the myth to you, if you don’t already know the story.” The noise of hooves in the background interrupted her thoughts; Sera froze, tossing her head to stare towards the entrance, muscles tensing in preparation. “I don’t think we’re alone,” She murmured to the other mare, voice low. It seemed that their audience – if she hadn’t started hearing things – had no intention of making itself known. She remained, a faint shiver of anticipation darting down her frame.

For a long moment, there was silence, then the sound of hooves hitting the rocky mountain trail again – further off, she thought. Someone else? The first retreating? Seraphina couldn’t be sure, although the sound seemed to be coming into hearing range, not moving out of it, and that implied a second interloper. Though she disliked the idea of potentially provoking someone she hadn’t been given the opportunity to size up, Seraphina took a step towards the entrance, odd eyes narrowed to slits. “I’d suggest you show yourselves,” She said, raising her voice, “or I’ll be forced to come out and find you.” Though her tone remained cold, her words certainly implied a threat.

@Weir @Venari @Kaladin

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Weir - 06-08-2017, 01:45 PM
RE: Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Weir - 06-09-2017, 12:52 AM
RE: Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Venari - 06-09-2017, 06:33 AM
RE: Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Kaladin - 06-10-2017, 02:40 AM
RE: Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Seraphina - 06-10-2017, 09:50 PM
RE: Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Weir - 06-12-2017, 12:22 AM
RE: Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Venari - 06-16-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: Reflections of attraction {Relic Contest} - by Damascus - 06-17-2017, 02:48 PM