Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - CIRCUS CHILD ,

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhoswen

[Image: rhosbyspace2_by_outofthefurnace-dbkwvw7.png]

She had felt only infinitesimal once, laid before a flood plain of uncertainty and wraith; an amalgamation of the heart's darkest desire and a virulently-known anger. And under the stretching fingers of the sun she had cauterised, ever bone and hair set alight before those crystalline-blue eyes. It mattered not - for she was tall again, risen high on statuesque limbs that loomed over the mire of insecurity beneath. For now she had cast aside the self-directed questions surrounding the strength of her loyalty for a court that had welcomed her despite her unbreakable tie to the moon, for now she simply breathed.

The wind, saturated with brine and wilderness, whipped at her tight hips, her silver-saturn pelt shimmering beneath an autumnal sunset. The beach was swathed, quite suddenly, in colour,  a beautiful watercolour featuring she; a rose, a woman alone. Wrong. Rhoswen's slender ears swivelled as the scent of a man of vague significance flushed her lungs, snatching her head east to drink in his vision. A ghost, a ghoul - an unexpected companion, once more. "Eik," she breathes, nothing more than a whisper lost to the ocean's gale. The memory of their last meeting splashed chaotically against the halls of her mind; feeling the heat of the desert and those dark hollow eyes - what kind of soul lay within those windows? His presence, here, now, is almost welcome, terminal respite from her private rumination. His words bring a barren smile to her wolven lips, dying instantly, leaving a space between them both that gapes and contorts leaving her feeling compelled to close it. She does not. 

Rhoswen tilts her head, grey eyes of smoke and tornado considered Eik with a piercing gaze, filled with the death of a fire; though her body was gold and flame and incandescence, the girl's eyes held a sad remnant of all that came after the embers had died. Woodsmoke and cascading ash. Hot still. "I do not believe you," she murmurs obscurely, "I think you knew I would return." You of all people, she might have continued. Her gaze broke away from his, sending the ashes out to sea, the beautiful vicious sea. "I have been many places, but yes, the sea, too." A silent laugh, "Don't fear, I haven't yet lost myself to the tide."

Rhos looked back, "do you condemn me for leaving?"

@Eik <333 ahghghhg yes i love them

Messages In This Thread
CIRCUS CHILD , - by Rhoswen - 11-08-2017, 05:27 AM
RE: CIRCUS CHILD , - by Eik - 11-08-2017, 06:05 PM
RE: CIRCUS CHILD , - by Rhoswen - 11-12-2017, 07:13 AM
RE: CIRCUS CHILD , - by Eik - 11-17-2017, 02:42 PM
RE: CIRCUS CHILD , - by Rhoswen - 11-26-2017, 07:13 AM
RE: CIRCUS CHILD , - by Eik - 12-01-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: CIRCUS CHILD , - by Rhoswen - 12-04-2017, 09:35 AM
RE: CIRCUS CHILD , - by Eik - 12-10-2017, 01:26 AM