Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nimue

NIMUE

she wore a smile like a loaded gun —

Embers danced along her skin, igniting the air in heat that flirted along the smooth curves of her body until it scorched her. She relished in that heat, almost leaning into it, as her muscles craved the dance once more. But she was no longer alone. The man before her dominated the space around her, almost as suffocating as the smoke that coated her lungs. Her eyes gazed into the deep space of his eyes, searching for a shred of familiarity. Her words still hanging in the air between them like the glowing embers that reached for the stars.

Nimue couldn't shake the distinct feeling that this man was inching closer to her, his muzzle all too near. The stranger stepped towards her, his lips reaching towards the dapples on her shoulder. But she leaned just out of reach, her hooves kicking up a flurry of flames like a rush of fireflies. Tiny lanterns of gold and orange and yellows that dared burn the rose of her skin and the dark tangles of her hair. She didn't focus on those things. Her entire body attuned to the stallion before her. How the shadows of night clung to his skin. How something flickered in the dark of his eyes for just a moment, and she realized that for once, she did not have an inkling of how to handle such a situation. Her Sight, the magic laced in her blood.. dormant. Asleep. Powerless.

I think in time you'll remember..

Who was this man? Who was this Dare he spoke of? Surely, if he had an ounce of sanity to him, there could not be any resemblance. She hadn't a clue to whom he spoke, except for herself. She was a witch, Delumine's resident witch and seeress. Not another woman, and most definitely not the woman who which this man believed her to be. She was sure of it.. Nimue had once lived since the beginning of All things. Before Time had struck it's first toll, before the stars were even a thought whispered in the Universe's dreams. She had seen so much.. from the rebirth of worlds and kingdoms fallen into ash. Timelines overlapping and dissipating with each possible choice and outcome.

But she had never seen him. Not once.. and for the first time since she had been reborn into mortality, a shred of fear wound it's way into her heart.

I loved you..

Nimue did not balk. Instead, she swallowed the fear that struck her like a dagger. She stepped forward, her chin rising so her muzzle was nearly at his cheek. Her eyes boring into those twin black holes. Fathomless, without end, and completely maddening. With every fiber of her being, she knew the truth. She did not fall in love with this man.. but someone sweet, and brave. Stars blessed his skin in burnished kisses, his voice something that had the blood in her veins thundering. Her heart a wicked lovely thing, his name tattooed onto her soul. But not this man.. no.. definitely not.

"I don't know your face," she breathed once more, her crown quirking sideways. The mess of her forelock falling to the wayside, revealing the phantom of her blind eye, her Seer marking a shimmer of blue in the firelight. Let him see her as she truly was.. and not a woman he so claimed her to be, whoever she was.

You truly don't remember?

Her voice was soft, but strong, as it fluttered into the man's ears as the distance between them burned and burned. She blinked, scanning his face, searching for something she could not name. So she spoke, her words lilting in the flames beneath their hooves: "I remember many things.. but I think I would have remembered you." If not for the waves of masculinity and dominance wafting off of him, but for the light that seemed to drown in the onyx of his coat.

Because only a god could leach the world of sunlight and fires without so much as a drop laid onto their skin.

@blackplague <3 I'm sorry in advance if this reads weird, I'm sick and things but I couldn't help it! I wanted to write xD
space

Messages In This Thread
I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-09-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-12-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by Nimue - 11-16-2017, 07:26 AM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-17-2017, 11:22 AM