Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
BlackPlague

He watched the embers float up in a frenzy, scattering as the breeze took hold of them. Some landed on his skin, singeing the hair, but he remained where he was, determined to bring Dare out of this strange slumber she was in. But again…could it be possible that this wasn’t his Dare? Was this mare someone else entirely, and he had wasted both of their time in trying to make her remember something that wasn’t hers to remember? He sighed softly, smelling the fear that crept up; a tiny hint of scent that didn’t make sense to him. Perhaps he imagined it. He was no threat to her; he was not acting outwardly violent, nor was he challenging her. He wasn’t even trying to be “a stallion” with her. No, he had imagined he could smell fear on her.

Listening to her words, he came to the conclusion that no matter how hard he wished it – this wasn’t his mare. This wasn’t the one who manipulated him, threatened him, broke him and rebuilt him. This was a mistake – someone he had never known; someone who had never known him. The firelight seemed to grow in intensity then, as if to mock him. The fire had its mate – the dry kindling sparking and popping; making their own sounds of lovemaking. He stared at her, at the shape of her body, the colors reflected by the fire, the knowing in her eye, and knew that he had made a grave error. He had allowed himself to believe for just a moment, that a miracle could happen to him. That he could be happy. That maybe he deserved that bit of happiness. He forced down the emotion that wanted to rise up – disappointment, anger, sadness, and a hint of regret. He would not show emotion to anyone – lest of all someone who wasn’t his Dare.

”It would seem then, that I have made an egregious error.” He remained where he was – close to her, close to the fire, close to too many things. He missed the heat of his first home; the heat of battle; the heat of passion. The closest he could get, it would seem, was standing by the blaze with its embers kissing his dark skin. His black eyes bored into hers, still hoping to see a glimpse of the mare he once knew, but he knew she was not lying to him. This was not Dare. He would likely never see her again, and that knowledge drove an icy needle into his very soul. She was the only one who kept him in line. What would he become without her? Without a guiding force, and a direction in which to cause his devastation? Would he roam the earth, raping, pillaging, and fighting without end goal? Perhaps. But did it matter? Without the love of a woman, did he truly have anything to live for? Not really.

”I have, however, enjoyed our few moments here.” For the first time, he was uncertain. Should he leave? Should he stay? What was expected of him? He wanted to hurt her for not being what he wanted her to be; but in truth, it wasn’t her fault. So he remained, tall and proud, black coat shining against the moonlight and the flames, waiting to see what may come next.

”Speech”

| I find it kind of funny…I find it kind of sad…the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had |
Image © Bouzid27 @ Deviant Art

@Nimue
<3 Poor guy. He's all sad.

Messages In This Thread
I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-09-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-12-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-17-2017, 11:22 AM