Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Nimue

NIMUE

she wore a smile like a loaded gun —

Surely, she knew, that a god stood before her now. The only one who could leach firelight without a single drop shining along their skin. Her heart thundered, but still she watched his face. Like an open book, without the use of her Sight even, Nimue could almost name each emotion playing in the obsidian of his eyes. Like pools of darkness, a black hole in deep space, she could breathe life into each feeling wracking him if she truly wanted. But she was not a sadistic type of woman, most definitely not a twisted kind of witch. Just a woman who was older than Time itself, who had seen too much; from worlds being born from dreams and nothing and then destroyed by ice and fire. Over and over again; kingdoms rising and falling, kings and queens of old. She had been a god herself once, and before her now.. if he was truly divine, would he feel the mortal things she saw in him now? Even through the mask of handsomeness and masculinity.. was she truly in the presence of a holy being?

It would seem then, that I have made an egregious error.

A god might have never admitted to a mortal mistake, that she was sure of. The sorrow hiding in his words was palpable, tangible.. she could almost taste the sadness there. She did not know why, but she regretted her sternness, if only for a moment. Nimue knew, all too well, the anticipation of finding someone that you were looking for, yearning for. She still was searching.. for her own brother, who she had not realized was her kin until the day they had been separated in the In-Between. Sibling watchers, divine children of Phobos. At the very least, she had found Astarael, the man she loved, despite that she had yet to tell him the truth about what she felt in the core of her heart. Knowing this, Nimue felt a strange desire to wipe away the melancholy from the dark stranger. No matter the air about him, she did not want another soul to feel the same ache that ripped through her with each pump of that shriveled organ in her chest.

"Don't be sad," she breathed, blinking upwards at him. A lilting smile curled one side of her lips upwards. "I do not regret you finding me."

I have, however, enjoyed our few moments here.

There was a hesitation that she noted, but tucked away safely in a pocket. Regardless of his words, of the tint of sadness hidden beneath them, he stayed. She could not fathom why; surely, he must have felt some range of disappointment at the expectation that she was another woman. A mysterious Dare. Nimue saw it in his eyes, heard it in his voice. But for the life of her, she did not move. She was transfixed, watching the emotions play over his face. Embers fell onto her skin like ash, as she quirked her crown sideways. Her pink lips were close to his cheek, so much so that she could feel the heat from his skin, and not just from the fire burning in their proximity.

"Who was she? This Dare?" she asked, her brows lifting. Curious, devious, and something else entirely. The witch merely looked at him with gem-colored eyes, never wavering from her stance. "You're a bold man, coming up to a woman you've never met before with such things," she told him lightly, "I don't even know your name."

@blackplague awe sad plague D,: if I didn't know any better, I'd say Nim is (uncharacteristically) flirting xD
space

Messages In This Thread
I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-09-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-12-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by BlackPlague - 11-17-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: I'm not prince charming, but for you, I'll pretend - by Nimue - 11-26-2017, 07:40 AM