Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - call on me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

His gaze scoured the flowers below them, reaching out with gentle hands to pluck a stray blossom of white from the sea of red. It was in the prime of life, lovely and vibrant, just like the woman next to him. He lifted his amber-colored gaze back up to her, gripped by the fears and anxieties that usually only bothered him in royal capacities. He felt the choking sensation of the invisible vines of his mind, threatening to throttle him where he stood.

Picking the flower had been an instinctual thing, but actually offering it seemed like a silent decree of something he was not sure would be welcome. His little stray flower was not a poppy, for he was all too aware of the significance of poppies. He found it odd and amusing that a flower shrouded in such death would flourish in a land where knowledge overtook the warrior’s path. He wasn’t quite sure of the meaning his little stray would hold.

His breath was held, caged inside of him as he offered it to the very object of his affection with a nonchalant smile. As if he did this very often, as if the mere idea of him sharing flowers with women was something he did with any sort of regularity. “I suppose that I should.” He said, his voice strained due to the lack of air.

“But what sort of king would I be if I indulged myself when there are so many things that need my attention?” He smoothed back the hair from his face, the golden diadem that typically held it in place for him absent from his crown. He felt unkempt, unruly without the thing -- as if it were some sort of security blanket that he had not realized he had. It had once been a heavy thing on his head, now he felt strange without it.

“Say,” He murmured, glancing again in her direction. “Do you think they’ve noticed we’ve gone?” He asked, nodding his head in the direction of the keep.

@Liesel ok, how tf did a month almost two go by. I’m so sorry for the wait on this :(

coding by Avis

Messages In This Thread
call on me - by Liesel - 11-23-2017, 01:24 AM
RE: call on me - by Kasil - 11-24-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: call on me - by Liesel - 11-25-2017, 04:13 AM
RE: call on me - by Kasil - 01-09-2018, 04:46 PM