Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - don't let me down

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

This was where his journey began, standing at the edge of the plains with a sea of gold behind him and a river of green before. This forest marked the beginning of Delumine territory, the entrance to the Dawn Court.

Ipomoea hummed contently deep in his chest, imagining already what the first city of Oriens would be like: how tall would their citadel be? How many rooms could he get lost in, how many scrolls did they house? How many sages did they boast whose brains he could pick for knowledge? Would they accept him as their own, offer him their secrets willingly? Ipomoea could only imagine.

He had had some delays already, people and places and flowers that had distracted him and created turnarounds and holdups. This talk of the “relic” hadn’t helped, either—he was torn now between joining in the hunt, for such a thing could be as old as time itself, swathed in history and wisdom just waiting to be uncovered. But it had seemed he was behind in the search already, and besides, maybe he could come across it on his travels, anyway? No one knew where it had been, nor did they have any hints. Meanwhile, Po had something tangible to search for, a purpose that called him northwards. If he happened upon the relic along the way he wouldn’t complain; he had half a mind to consider the journey more important than the destination (even a destination as huge as the Dawn Court, the land of wisdom.) But he couldn’t take the time to stop and look for it. He treasured the names he had memorized, their stories and experiences and help nestled deep within his heart, but he had grown restless, eager to be on his way.

A breeze had kicked up from the west while he was standing there, tousling his hair about him. He lifted his muzzle to it, inhaling deeply, exhaling slowly, as though even just the wind currents coming from Delumine would hold some unspeakable knowledge, singing a story to enchant him, to guide him on his way. A tremor danced across his hide, down his legs, quivered inside of his lungs.

All he had to do was start.

@Eros
!!!

Messages In This Thread
don't let me down - by Ipomoea - 06-09-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: don't let me down - by Eros - 06-17-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: don't let me down - by Ipomoea - 06-25-2017, 06:22 PM
RE: don't let me down - by Eros - 07-02-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: don't let me down - by Ipomoea - 07-21-2017, 01:10 PM
RE: don't let me down - by Eros - 08-15-2017, 09:18 PM
RE: don't let me down - by Ipomoea - 08-21-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: don't let me down - by Eros - 10-09-2017, 03:29 PM