Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - should i grow weary of the dark

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

IPOMOEA
lay me down in golden dandelions ‘cause i’ve been waiting 
“The night would seem everlasting, darker than all natural nights and nurtured by Caligo’s horrible grief, to last nigh one hundred years…” The light was beginning to fade, making it hard to make out many more of the words on the page. The rosy appaloosa stretched, head reaching far towards the sky as he realized for the first time how late it was getting. Gold streaked across the sky, alighting the few scattered clouds and burning them with brightness. Directly above him, the sky had grown dark—stars speckling its great width—while it gradually lightened the closest to the horizon it stretched. He took a minute to watch, the colors changing and fading more and more into darkness with every breath. It reminded him of the soft colors and softer voice of Florentine, how appropriately it was that she lived in the court she resembled best.

Absently he began to roll the scroll that was splayed across his foreleg, binding it with the leather cord it had come with, before drawing himself up from the leaf-strewn ground. After taking one final look at the fading sky, he turned back towards the library, every intention of finishing his story beside the warmth of a hearth fire.

Ipomoea’s mind still buzzed with the words as he walked, the story of the gods reverberating inside of his mind, beckoning him to hasten his pace so that he might quickly get back to his reading. He had heard about the gods before, but never properly: everything he’d learned had been passed down by word of mouth, from travelers and merchants and swordsmen and friends. Books were a novelty item in the rest of Novus, it seemed, while the Dawn Court simply overflowed with them. He had found a new passion within the library, but still he preferred to take his reading outdoors, where he could be close to nature.  As his steps progressively quickened, he became gradually less aware of the noise he was making, a few sticks snapping and scattering beneath his hooves.

Turning a corner, he was pleasantly surprised to see the familiar figure standing in his path. His heart flip-flopped inside of his chest, its beat rising several paces faster. It was still new to him, this feeling that came every time he saw the king; Ipomoea didn’t yet understand it. He hoped no one else could hear the way it pounded in his ears.

“Kasil,” he addressed him informally, a smile on his lips as the story of the gods promptly left his mind. “Come to watch the setting sun? I hope you aren’t thinking of trading Courts on us,” he said jokingly, coming to stand hear the mahogany pegasus. The scroll he still held tightly to his chest with his mild telekinesis, despite the obvious distraction from his studies.

text. “talk!”
@kasil
trying to get used to writing again!

coding by meverrnind
art by neverrmind
<3

Messages In This Thread
should i grow weary of the dark - by Kasil - 11-24-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Ipomoea - 11-24-2017, 10:02 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Somnus - 12-21-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Kasil - 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Ipomoea - 01-20-2018, 01:32 AM