Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - should i grow weary of the dark

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

He must have looked like quite the sight, a man with danger gleaming in his eyes -- his wings spread out in full glory. Sometimes intimidation was the best way to deter an attack, yet he was fully prepared to follow through. Kasil had never been much of a warrior, but he supposed he could hold his own in a fight. He’d never really needed to test that idea. Every bone in his body began to creak with the sitllness, his ears straining to hear beyond what he could see. His ears fell back momentarily as someone rounded the path, a familiar sight. His emissary, young Ipomoea -- unmistakable in appearance, even without the tiny wings that fluttered at his ankles. The king of scrolls frowned, if only for the fact that he looked ready for a fight -- before smoothing his appearance with a smile.

“Po.” He named him formally, lowering the expanse of wings that had been prepared to lift him away from the earth. He was happy to see the rose-stained stallion, if only because their interactions had been more and more brief as of late. It was a good time to bring up a few court related issues, but to also check in and see how the young emissary was doing. It had been a while since he had picked up the mantle of emissary duties and Kasil wanted be sure that the youngster had not put too much of a burden onto himself. He opened his mouth to answer the question that the younger stallion had posed, when another voice interrupted him -- though it was one of those unmistakable voices. Somnus had been a relatively new face to the Dawn Court, but had quickly proven himself to be among Kasil’s trusted circle.

“Somnus.” He murmured with a pleased smile. Perhaps this was the best impromptu gathering he could have hoped for, an odd coincidence if he ever heard of one. The dunalino’s comment brought a wry smile to his face, the king rolling his eyes as he shook his head, the golden diadem centered on his forehead shaking just a little. “Dusk would be a prime hideaway from the likes of book-throwing heathens like you, Sonmus. I’m sure Florentine would keep me safe.” The king laughed, turning back to Po. “I was out enjoying a breath of fresh air. As much as I enjoy the libraries, sometimes the dust is a little too thick there for my head. Though, the two of you...I am surprised to see all of the important pieces of the regime so far from the citadel’s heart.”

He admitted. He had not yet had a chance to tell anyone of his decision to name Somnus as regent, but he supposed it was as good a time as any. Kasil had an odd knack for announcing things in unexpected ways. “Po, I’d like you to formally meet our new regent -- Somnus...assuming you accept?” He said lightly. “You both did well with the Harvest festival, I was pleased to hear so many good things about it’s success. I’d say he passed his test with flying colors, do you think, Po?”

@Ipomoea @Somnus kinda short but idk it felt natural?

coding by Avis

Messages In This Thread
should i grow weary of the dark - by Kasil - 11-24-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Ipomoea - 11-24-2017, 10:02 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Somnus - 12-21-2017, 10:14 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Kasil - 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: should i grow weary of the dark - by Ipomoea - 01-20-2018, 01:32 AM