Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - These Cold Steps Will Warm

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Adelheid

Adelheid
These boundaries between one major territory and another seem to defy conventional logic, the roads leading not from point A to point B as read on a map, but from one time and place to another altogether, the way alive with a palpable flow and direction, as if the benign looking forest were really a vessel being drawn along some flooded waterway, effortless to follow, but impossible to turn against, conscious, insistent. She wonders at this as she walks, quietly complacent to the not-so-forest’s wishes.

“I’m looking for somewhere new.” She admits. “Somewhere I haven’t been, but close enough to where I have, if that makes sense.” If a forest would care to listen to the endeavors of an eccentric soul, she thinks to herself. “I’m – Oh!” All at once the trees come to a stop, their sheltering canopies opening onto a plain of alabaster white. “How pretty!” She exclaims, stepping lightly into the powdery snow. Ears pricked, she lifts her hooves to examine the impressions beneath, exhales clouds of staccato breath just to watch the condensation swirl and vanish. “The trees were so thick, I hardly knew it was winter.”

With a sweep of her lion-esque tail the rose dappled mare sends a spray of glistening crystals into the air, smiling at the soft shhh they make in rustling together and the way that they glimmer as they fall. It’s a childish movement, but she’s never understood why childish things are so shamed. What’s wrong with being happy, she’d question, but the disapproving only shake their heads as if there were a ‘right’ and a ‘wrong’ way to enjoy life. With a smirk she confides aloud, “But I’ve found that the wrong way tends to be more enjoyable anyway.”

"Speak"
No Matter How Far
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Adelheid - 12-16-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Somnus - 12-20-2017, 09:51 PM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Adelheid - 12-22-2017, 08:39 AM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Somnus - 12-22-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: These Cold Steps Will Warm - by Adelheid - 01-05-2018, 11:21 AM