Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Oops, I Did it Again

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Adelheid

Adelheid
The forest here is so dense, every nook and cranny between tree trunks overflowing with brush, damp smelling moss, and climbing vines. That anyone was able to carve out a path through this detritus of organic matter is miraculous, and that the road seems to be fairly well maintained is even more so. Talk about infrastructure!

Naturally, the mare’s first impulse is to abandon the hard-won track and wade into the thicket, seeking out brightly colored petals and bitter smelling roots hiding among the more common species of shrub and fern. She wonders if she might find any of the useful ginger root or if any of the hulking trunks might yield her personal favorite, cinnamon.

The thought of its warm and pungent flavor spurs her on, though the possibility of discovering – well, anything, really – would likely have been enough to send her scrambling in by itself, given a moment of consideration. Everything seems to be going fine at first, the rose grey lifting her hooves up high and only placing them down again on plants she knows to be innocuous, slowly – very slowly - but surely making her way into the forest at a roughly perpendicular angle from the path. Head swiveling, she scans all around herself, noting a strong presence of bluebells, their downturned, trumpet shaped flowers adding a sprinkle of sapphire and indigo to the wood. She can also see some small white blooms of the bloodroot flower, largely toxic, but useful for making dyes. It’s not until she spots a patch of blackberry bushes and her stomach clenches and rumbles in response that everything starts to go to shit.

Stepping carefully onto a clump of emerald green moss, she attempts to position herself close enough to the berries to start greedily plucking them from their thorny stems without her coat and long mane becoming entangled in the process, but just as she shifts her weight forward the moss beneath her hooves gives way, her front legs sinking into the ground and leaving her trapped in an unwilling puppy pose. ”Well, shit." She growls, immediately furious with herself for getting into this predicament. ”What the fuuu-"

”speak”
@Bucephalus
Let's assume this is after she meets Somnus and learns about the Courts, thus why she's headed toward Dawn.
No Matter How Far
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Oops, I Did it Again - by Adelheid - 12-22-2017, 10:59 AM
RE: Oops, I Did it Again - by Bucephalus - 12-22-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: Oops, I Did it Again - by Adelheid - 12-25-2017, 02:22 PM
RE: Oops, I Did it Again - by Bucephalus - 12-26-2017, 11:33 AM
RE: Oops, I Did it Again - by Adelheid - 01-11-2018, 08:52 AM
RE: Oops, I Did it Again - by Bucephalus - 01-12-2018, 02:39 PM