Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Night Is Illuminated By Firelight

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Eik is not quite sure what to make of them but he knows they are lovely. He hesitates as they cheerfully pass him the bottle, still unused to yielding this magic. It is like waking up one morning and learning for the first time you have a tail.

Telekinesis is a skill that takes some practice to master, especially if you do not grow up with it. Inebriation makes it that much harder for him to grasp at the bottle, but, lips pursed in concentration, he manages to do so without spilling the delightful liquid within. He clumsily draws the bottle to his lips and takes a swig.

"I think now I will always remember you during that time of year." He is blissfully unaware that he might wake up tomorrow with very few memories of this night.

"I'm..." His breath rushes in and for a moment is caught in his chest, as he realizes the next words are not coming to him. What was it he had said once, not that long ago? That he was a ghost? That felt right at the time, but not now. Even his own name doesn't seem to suit him anymore. A small, concerned frown comes and quickly goes.He takes another swig, this one smaller, a somber and half-puzzled expression crossing his face.

"I'm winter." He says finally. Deliberately, like a punctuation mark. He does not elaborate-- even intoxicated, he does not speak much of himself unless prodded. After a moment of meeting their warm, joyous gaze, he stumbles closer and shakily raises the bottle to their lips. Body hot with intoxication and the warmth of the fire, he lifts his face to the snow that begins to gently fall. He imagines hearing a sizzle as each snowflake hits his skin, or perhaps his senses are simply awakened. His scars are aching and there are a hundred open doors in him that are usually closed. His shadows are gone

(or rather, watching in silent, sneering amusement)

and the world has so many details he could spend a lifetime describing them all. He looks to the sky, to the stars that burrow through the clouds in patchy spots, and a sense of smallness hits him in a cold wave.

Eik turns his gaze back to the green-eyed end of spring. Since they are closer now, just feet apart, he does not have to raise his voice over the crackle of fire and the buzz of the conversation around them. "I don't know if I'm imagining you." He admits plainly, steam rising from his breath and floating away like some sad small part of him. He half expects to blink and find himself standing alone in the snow, only his breath for company, that and the sudden sound of a hundred doors slamming closed.

-     -     -
There is no better way to know us
E I K
than as two wolves, come separately to a wood

@Seree <3 no worries

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
The Night Is Illuminated By Firelight - by Seree - 01-06-2018, 03:04 AM
RE: The Night Is Illuminated By Firelight - by Seree - 01-27-2018, 01:52 AM
RE: The Night Is Illuminated By Firelight - by Eik - 01-29-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: The Night Is Illuminated By Firelight - by Seree - 02-20-2018, 05:27 PM
RE: The Night Is Illuminated By Firelight - by Seree - 05-13-2018, 07:31 PM