Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Starscape

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

The smoke scented king did not know the son of Reth's name. At least not any longer. Noctii shook her head in response to his answer, leaving the question to die upon the ground they stood on. They were much like the other children, their coat a golden hue and their mane had been black. That did not tell her much, only that he looked like many of the other children of Reth. His easy smile was met with one of her own polite smiles, she wasn't disappointed. It could be hard to keep track, and even then some creatures faded into the horizons never to be seen again. Her new king seemed enthused by her next set of words and insisted upon showing her the kingdom, Denocte. His head bobbed easily, it was an effortless movement, but one that showed enthusiasm. Noctii laughed gently, her wordless approval of his buoyant movements. "That sounds like a wonderful plan. The tales of Reth will take a great amount of time to share. From the many gods to the fierce customs they boast with each child born of from their Domain." Reichenbach's next words were slightly more serious, they were a balanced vow to her that his and the loyalty of Denocte would be returned tenfold.

She bowed her head for a few moments as she allowed his words to sink into her depths. She did not falter when his movements began, her own movements were like a familiar dance. The golden and ivory minx drifted beside him, gliding across the foreign terrain as though she'd been born upon the very sediments that coated the ground. "That is a sentiment I am greatly familiar with. I vow to strike the fire of the sun into our enemies. Though I may be vain, my love and dedication for home surpass any superficial qualities I bear." Noctii laughed slightly. She was aware of her vanity, and that much of her vanity stemmed from the culture of Reth. They valued beauty as much as ferocity. "They wished us to be as beautiful as we were ferocious. 'To set ablaze each foe with the anguish and wrath of the sun, we will make them smolder and wish they had never met the Children of the Xamis'. They said." With each word that fell from her ivory lips, she felt a sense of loss for her homeland too. She knew that no matter how much she swam against their current, her former home did have evoked some fond feelings from her.

Noctii returned his sidelong glance with interest as they moved toward what she assumed was Denocte. "Why shall I ask any of Denocte, when I can ask the man who lived his own tale?" Her eyes twinkled as she challenged him in a playful manner. Each step they took excited her, each fall of her daggers was another move towards her future here. What fortune she'd had to meet another King who had captivated her attention, and had simultaneously saddened her. She felt the longing for her old friend and yearned to introduce Reichenbach to her old friend. Yet he no longer existed. A quiet fell over her, and she continued on with the smoke-scented King. Wherever that would lead. 

"Speech"
Notes: Sounds good! Sorry for such a long delay. Did you want to start the new thread to pick up where we leave off here?
Tags: @Reichenbach  @Isorath 
Words: 544

Hold onto Me
When you think you're sinking

Messages In This Thread
Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-15-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-17-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-29-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 02-17-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 02-19-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM