Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i'll be your sky

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Cyrene

CYRENE .
per aspera ad astra

Cyrene almost dropped a precious chestnut as a frosty voice drifted out from the shadows.

Bless her quick reflexes, for the girl had caught it with a renewed tendril of telekinetic power mere inches from the snow-sodden ground. A spike of vexation flashed through her, and lion eyes jerked sharply towards the sour, sonorous tone that had caught her so uncharacteristically off guard. It took her eyes a moment to adjust to the darkness that concealed the source so well—but when they did, she found herself drowning in molten pools of liquid gold.

His gaze was hypnotic—as intoxicating as the wine that glimmered tauntingly by his snarling lips. Though, she was quick to notice that those aurum pools held not a fraction of the warmth that flowed freely from her own. Taken aback as she was, Cyrene's flames only fanned higher with challenge; and the girl countered his steely comment with a saccharine smile.

"If anyone comes near, I’ll tell them about the divine candied apples that little stall over there is selling like hotcakes,” and she tipped her nose towards a booth across the field. "That ought to keep them away from our log,” she replied smoothly, rosy lips quirked upwards as they deliberately enunciated the words that stifled his venom with suffocating honey. Their log, because she had no intentions of leaving. Her gaze lingered upon the planes of his fine-boned face, tracing the edges of his marble-hewn body that lounged resplendently across the wood. Light and shadow played across him like chiaroscuro, and Cyrene almost arched a brow at the sight. Did he have to pose like that?

A little voice at the back of her mind whispered—but it’s working, isn’t it? She quickly extinguished that voice.

The boy of silken shadow seemed more interested in her steaming packet of chestnuts than in her—she couldn’t blame him, it gave off a ridiculously delectable aroma—and she cocked her head in amusement at his question.

"These?” She still had three left, and though her stomach protested at the thought of sparing even one, the idea of witnessing his cold eyes lose their edge upon tasting the savory treat was too hard to resist. "Here, try them,” and she pushed the steaming packet towards him, her own slender frame gliding closer to where he lay in her effort.

Up close, his beauty was truly remarkable—and as Cyrene thought of her own untamed, wild curls in comparison to his sheet of infuriatingly perfect hair… well, she was a girl. Her own lack of presentation irked her like it never had before; a duckling next to a preening swan. Whenever Cyrene was bothered (which didn’t happen often) her wings would instinctively wrap neatly around her body; they did so now, and her golden scars shimmered like fairy dust under the moonlight.

She didn’t wait for him to try one of the chestnuts before slipping the one that she had caught earlier into an eager mouth, eyes crinkling in delight as she licked the sugar crystals off her lips. Fixing her amber gaze to his, she wondered if he would entertain her attempts at a conversation. "Are you enjoying the festival?” Her eyes dropped to the glass of liquor leaning against his side. At the very least, he’s enjoying the refreshments.

"And I’m Cyrene, by the way.” A casual introduction she offered, for it was far too festive a night for rigid pleasantries. 

@Velorca | in the meantime cy will try her hardest to charm/annoy him x"D
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 01-18-2018, 03:07 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 01-18-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 01-19-2018, 12:52 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 01-24-2018, 09:41 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 01-28-2018, 04:55 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 01-31-2018, 10:47 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 02-05-2018, 04:55 AM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Velorca - 02-12-2018, 10:05 PM
RE: i'll be your sky - by Cyrene - 02-19-2018, 01:45 AM