Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a new dawn

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kasil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KASIL

The sound of the diadem against the floor should have been louder, he thought. Instead it was as though he had stuck his head beneath the Rapax River -- everything was muffled. His thoughts were frantic and erratic, reigned in only just so by his nature. If he’d had hands, they would have shook with violence to rival a hurricane. He tried not to notice the quiver of his own lip, as despair gripped him anew.

The familiar voice of his regent was as the clattering had been, watery and distant. A roar rivaled every sound that should have demanded his attention. For an instant, he could not tear his eyes away from the horizon -- a silent prayer of reprieve to his God leaving his mind. It was a desperate thing and no answer came to him immediately. His dark eyes, burdened with shadow slowly turned to meet the golden stallion.

“Somnus.” He said, his voice lacking the composure that he had hoped would come forth. Silence draped like a heavy cloth across them, though there was no warmth there… A pit of ice had formed in his belly, and his next words took a moment to find him.

“I am leaving.” He said softly, unable to meet the eye of his friend. “You told me once that this mask I wore would falter.” He murmured to the horizon, recalling the very first night he had met Somnus. “And it has. I can not stay in the Court, any longer. My mind...it…” He shook his head, as if trying to clear it. “Something is wrong. I need you...to lead where I can not.”

@Somnus ;___;

coding by Avis

Messages In This Thread
a new dawn - by Kasil - 02-05-2018, 09:24 AM
RE: a new dawn - by Somnus - 02-05-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: a new dawn - by Kasil - 02-21-2018, 01:48 PM
RE: a new dawn - by Somnus - 02-21-2018, 06:20 PM