Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

Remember that time when I said I wasn't comfortable with my own mortality? That's still true. BUT! BUTT! See what I did there? Okay focus Rosti. That is still true, however upon further exploration of the cliffs I found a path. It took a lot of wandering, but sure enough I am stepping carefully down a winding path that leads me from the treacherous (read: very high, big drop) ledge. Under the bright sun I can see the crash of the waves on the shore, lining up one after one from the rushing sea. The salty air hits me hard, forcing my senses to get with the picture, so to speak. It takes a little while but I finally reach the bottom and feel the sand around my hooves. The heat from the sun warms the frogs of my feet but somehow it is more comfortable than not.

I walk to the shore and find myself distracted from the relic search as I step into the waves that wash upon the beach. A moment of inspiration, spontaneity... whatever... I drop to my knees and roll there in the light water and damp sand. Coating myself in sand and brine was not part of my day's plan, but then nothing is going according to any 'plan' these days. I'm traveling the whole of this damn place it seems like, with no idea WHAT I'm really searching for -- literally and metaphorically. I'd be lying if I said I knew or understood.

A grin passes across my lips and for a moment I feel... kinda good. Not happy, content, satisfied... none of that. I have no alcohol (I haven't had time to gather fruit yet) and I don't have Damaris (let's not even talk about it) and I don't really know anyone except these brief introductions I've had along the way. But for a SPLIT SECOND... kinda good. To my surprise it lingers as I rise from the ground and continue along the shore, meandering in the breeze. My gaze wanders as I look for the relic, but casually. Just for now....

"."

Messages In This Thread
london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-16-2017, 11:09 PM
RE: london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest] - by Reichenbach - 06-22-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 10:23 PM
RE: london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest] - by Reichenbach - 06-28-2017, 12:22 AM
RE: london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest] - by Kaladin - 06-29-2017, 07:32 AM
RE: london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-29-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: london bridge is falling DOWN [relic contest] - by Reichenbach - 07-02-2017, 04:34 AM