Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Mary Jane Shoes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Liesel

L   I   E   S   E   L

T H E   S U M M E R   W O L F

The affection between the young barn owl and her charge was obvious, each look containing a hidden pride in the other. They fit so well together it was difficult to imagine the handsome Regent without his companion — especially considering the two of them had spent so little time together. She would right that wrong, discover more about the man who helped to rule their wise city. 

It seemed he had a similar thought pattern — another good sign that the man before her was indeed the right man to assist Kasil with running the territory. 

"I apologize, that we haven’t spoken many words to one another prior to this moment."

Liesel smiled brightly, lashes brushing her razor edged cheekbones as she looked to the rapids blustering past, ears pricked to hear her Regent speak.

“Court is, well… Court, and I would loathe to bore you with politics. Perhaps you could tell me more about yourself? I know so very little about you. Do you enjoy serving as a warrior?"

Somnus reminded her of someone — frustratingly, she couldn't remember who... only.. only creamy skin and deep emerald eyes, and the kindness of a stranger. The Regent was sweethearted though, the care he held for his people growing more obvious with each word. 

Liesel smiled, glancing back from the rapids as he finished speaking, an answer already dancing on the tip of her tongue. Did she enjoy being a warrior? She adored it. It gave her confidence — even if she could not trust her memory, she could trust the neat muscles limning her body, could trust the training she endured every day to provide when she needed it most.

But to get to know her? Even she didn't know why her heart soared and hurt when she smelt sea-salt or saw the ocean, or more importantly — she didn't know why she couldn't remember. Still, she could recall waking up amongst strangers, no sense of time or place and no knowledge of how she had ended up there. 

"I adore it! To know that I have the strength to protect myself and others... I find it rewarding, and the exercise.. it clears the mind."

She smiled again, a smaller smile this time, perhaps a little less bright. 

"I arrived in Novus a little over a year ago, and have dedicated myself to aiding our fair warriors — I have no family, that I know of," I can't remember them, "But perhaps most importantly..."

She grinned, leaning in closer.

"I've fallen in love with Delumine's custard tarts."

Liesel laughed, the sound like chimes dancing over the water, her salty hair shifting and waving in the breeze. 

@Somnus 

space

Messages In This Thread
Mary Jane Shoes - by Liesel - 02-18-2018, 10:18 PM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Somnus - 02-19-2018, 04:09 AM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Liesel - 02-21-2018, 12:10 AM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Somnus - 02-23-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: Mary Jane Shoes - by Liesel - 03-08-2018, 12:31 AM