Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - halfbaked ideas

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

'Does that make it better?'

I ignore the question. It seems more rhetorical than an actual question she expects me to answer. I'm not sure what I would say. In some ways it helps because it distracts me from the pain in my heart. But it doesn't make the emotional hurt fade. No, it only changes my focus. I struggle to bury my pain, to pretend that everything is alright. If I just keep smiling, surely I can convince myself as well.

Isorath and Reichenbach - in love? Curious. I noticed their flirations but it didn't seem... Well I wasn't sure that it was that deep of an emotion, but perhaps that was just me being drunk enough to not notice. I'm not always the most observant. (Especially if that 'being drunk' is more like being completely and utterly trashed.) That's not the craziest thing the queen says, however.

"Hypnotized!" I bark in shock. A frown clouds my expression. I did not know that Reichenbach had the power to hypnotize, and that he would choose to use such powers on a friend, a previous lover.... I can only hope that there is more to this story that my king has chosen not to share with me. My heart - already in pain - twists just a little bit more. And attacking her friend?! It does not sound like my friend, the king I know and love.

My insides boil. Confusion, rage, pain. Weir, Reichenbach. "I am sorry to hear of -- of all that's transpired. That does not sound like the King I know and love." I am not skilled in wordplay, of being delicate or tactful. I will say what I think and that's that. I take a swig from my flask - a BIG swig - and cherish the burn down my throat. "I wish that I could provide some explanation, or offer some way to patch up the chasm between you two. I have not been around to do my duty as Warden or even stay aware of the goings on in Novus." The burn is not as strong as my precious vodka, and I wish that physically I could match the tumultuous feelings inside me.

I turn my gaze away, gazing as she does into the distance. "I hope that in the future, I can be of assistance. My loyalty lies with my King, and I must support him. But please, do not think this leaves me without sympathy for you or your Court." I want to say that I'll do what I can to mend the rift, to keep Reich in line. But there are no promises I can make, and to say any of this without surety that I can follow through feels just like a big fat lie. I sigh heavily and hang my head.

Finally, I answer that rhetorical question. "No, it does not make it better."

Tag: @Florentine
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
halfbaked ideas - by Rostislav - 02-23-2018, 12:24 AM
RE: halfbaked ideas - by Florentine - 02-23-2018, 08:51 AM
RE: halfbaked ideas - by Rostislav - 02-23-2018, 11:04 AM
RE: halfbaked ideas - by Florentine - 02-23-2018, 04:53 PM
RE: halfbaked ideas - by Rostislav - 02-24-2018, 01:32 AM