Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the clumsy start

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jezanna

in the changing wind, it echoes deep
wearing thin the heart beneath, there's no place to call our own

The steps of an approaching figure reached Jezanna’s ears through the quiet. She did not turn, fearing that when she did it would be Eidolon there walking toward her. She did not want to see him then, did not want his presence to ruin what peace she had on that night. Instead, she kept looking up at the sky from where she stood, waiting in anticipation though she didn’t know what she’d do if it was he who appeared on the edges of her vision. Instead, it was a woman with the marks of constellations on her neck and the young moon released a relieved breath. The other female’s words sat like a rock in her stomach, making her feel ill. Although she disagreed—having particular bias for the sky which she had grown in, had once graced with her own gentle light—Jezanna fear speaking that truth not knowing what the reaction would be. So much was unfamiliar in this world, how did they take to such outsiders?

“They offer me some measure of comfort,” she spoke after a moment, voice drifting softly on the still air. This much was true, a sentiment that she felt she could share without giving herself away. At the woman’s second remark Jezanna’s lips curled in a smile, “I have never had need to fear the night; I have always been one with it.” She glanced in the stranger’s direction, silver eyes inquisitive, wondering. Who was she? Where had she come from? But perhaps, most importantly, she wondered whether this other female would be able to shed light on this world she had ended up in. Could they, perhaps, find some camaraderie? Jezanna could only hope.

It was a strange feeling, this need of introductions, need to get to know. She had always been known from her birth. All had known her name and loved her, and yet in this place she was just an insignificant life, another face among the masses whom would easily be missed. That truth was an yawning wide black hole in her soul, an ache in her chest which she could feel settle in for the long run. Her gaze faltered, falling to the surface of the lake which was, as it had been since she first came up on it, motionless. What did it mean, to be forgettable? Was her family, her world, forgetting her even now as she stood and conversed with this stranger?

“Some may see the night as making the shadows in their life vast and more encompassing,” she murmured, watching her reflection as its mouth moved, wordless. “I have always found the moon’s light tender and reassuring.” The words were true, and though she spoke them of her mother’s own gentle and soft glow, she was still soothed by this night. Her lungs drew in breath slowly, once more gathering the courage to look at the woman beside her, who carried herself with such sureness that she felt small in comparison. It was strange to think how easily she could be stripped of her own courage.

“What are you called?” she asked at last, sure that this would lead them down a path she could not return from, a path where her origins would have to be uncovered. Yet she longed for friendship, longed to know another. “I am Jezanna.”

@Aislinn !!

Messages In This Thread
the clumsy start - by Jezanna - 02-25-2018, 12:16 AM
RE: the clumsy start - by Aislinn - 02-27-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: the clumsy start - by Jezanna - 03-01-2018, 11:15 PM
RE: the clumsy start - by Rostislav - 03-03-2018, 03:16 PM
RE: the clumsy start - by Aislinn - 03-09-2018, 10:56 PM
RE: the clumsy start - by Jezanna - 03-21-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: the clumsy start - by Rostislav - 05-01-2018, 08:35 PM