Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - i fall apart.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Seree

They had been focused on the mortar and pestle before the, grinding the bark before their eyes as they focused on their work. A mother from an unknown land had come by not too long ago, her foal edging on colic. Seree had been able to give the foal something to help loosen the bowls and let the gas out before it became too much of a problem, but the little tyke had not had much fondness for the medicine, and Seree was grinding up some cinnamon to try and flavor it a bit better for the foal's liking.

As such, they had no inkling that anything was wrong until pounding pawsteps came to their attention, and they distantly smelled blood hanging around the approaching hound. They all but dropped their work onto the table before them, already scrambling around the small quarters they had taken in the castle to gather supplies as Damaris rushed in. They had no idea how bad the situation was, but the smell of blood said all it needed to.

Sadly, they couldn't grab everything at once, but the antlered mare could grab item by item and wrap it about themself. They rifled through the bandages, finding a wound length of braided grasses and tree bark that made itself into rope. They hurriedly latched onto the end with telekinesis, winding it about the torso several times over to keep it in place. Seree barely avoided smashing a pot containing ground herbs as they bumped into it in their haste, only telekinesis grabbing the small jar quickly enough to stabilize it and set it down gently on the floor.

They could put it back up later.

They searched the shelves frantically, finding a large bowl that had several smaller bowls of decreasing size stacked inside. They hurriedly reared up to grab the bowl between their hooves, tilting it and carefully, but quickly, easing the other bowls out to let them rest on the shelf before grabbing the edge of the bowl in their mouth and hurrying to set it on the desk.

Emerald hooves spun back to get another look at the shelves, before the pleasant mare ground out a low curse.

"Fuck."

They were missing some things they wished they could have on hoof, but they couldn't change what they did and didn't have. Instead, the mare grabbed a vial of nutmeg oil and tossed it (gently) into the bowl and a small jar of goldenseal root tincture. They shuffled around for more items, adding them to the bowl bit by bit. Poultice of comfrey for pain relief and anti-inflammatory. Salve of coniferous tree resin to seal the wound while combating infections. The nutmeg oil and goldenseal tincture to fight infections. An oil of alder for pain relief and anti-inflammation. Salve of marigold for helping in the healing process.

They didn't know the situation and didn't have the time to parse, they just had to grab everything that could work and go.

They were almost ready to grab the bowl in their mouth and go, before they cursed again, turning back and dumping the mixtures from the bowl onto the table and telekinetically grabbing as much as their telekinesis could handle in wooly lamb's ear leaves, spreading them out along the bowl before putting the other items back inside. The bowl could just barely contain it all, but there was no time for that.

A water skein with several amole bulbs strung from it and rag telekinetically strapped to their waist later, and they had all they could carry.

The healer grabbed the edge of the bowl in their mouth and looked at the dog in a clear indication to lead the way, and they took off running as soon as the dog did, hooves clattering over the stone floor as they gave it their all to keep everything in the bowl.

They came upon the scene of the crime soon enough, and would have cursed again had their mouth not been full. They slowed as they approached, marching forward and making it clear for the others to move aside as they set the bowl on the ground, untying the water skein from their waste and setting it on the ground with the rag on top, before turning back to the bowl and dumping the contents onto the ground and moving the bowl closer to Aislinn.

They placed the rag on the lip of the bowl before pouring water into it, alternating between pouring, crushing the amole bulbs and rubbing them against the inside of the bowl until they lathered into soap, and mixing it with the rag as they spoke.

"Asilinn, this is going to hurt probably almost as much as getting the wound but I need you to bear with me. Do not fall asleep, whatever you do, stay awake. There may be things I don't see and I need you to tell me. And if you injured your head in battle falling asleep could kill you, stay awake.

Reichenbach, I need you to expose the worst part of the wound, while it's good that it's clotting I'm going to have to remove the clots in order to clean it. With a wound of this size, the amount of infection she could have acquired could cause sepsis if not cleaned. I need to get all the dirt and debris out before I can begin treating it. I need you to help hold it out and hold it steady so that way I can clean it.

Rostislav, while he's doing that, see if you can start pulling out damaged or broken feathers to expose more of the injuries. I'd rather she had to grow back her feathers than have an infected wing."

Assuming the others did as told, they sealed the water skein that now only held two thirds of its former contents to help them rinse off the lather after cleaning, two amole bulbs still attached to be remade into a fresh soap mixture if they needed to change the water. They then lifted the soapy rag, and immediately tackled the worst of the damage, not pulling any punches as they dove in with the rag, wetting the edges of the blood clots before working to pry them free, exposing fresh blood with time, and reaching in with the rag to scrub out any dirt or debris that may be caught within.

@Aislinn @Reichenbach @Rostislav

OOC: -walks in 3 months late with starbucks- Well I mean it's up, plus everything that was listed as herbal remedies is not made up, I may not have had the chance to include it in the healer's guide but it is from my research for said guide :D

Messages In This Thread
i fall apart. - by Aislinn - 02-28-2018, 12:57 AM
RE: i fall apart. - by Reichenbach - 02-28-2018, 09:03 AM
RE: i fall apart. - by Rostislav - 03-05-2018, 01:53 AM
RE: i fall apart. - by Seree - 05-11-2018, 01:35 AM