Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we can weep and call it singing;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aislinn

she was half human..
half universe.

She is swimming, drowning, gasping for relief from the weight of that one, single tear that trails down the dark of her face. Her eyes are shut shut shut — swallowing her world into a darkness that pulls, tugging at her in intimate, careful tendrils. How she desires to tumble into that sea of nothingness, and to emerge from this hell, this nightmare. She would rise, newly awakened, with her wing outstretched and healed. She would no longer be a mess of bandages and patches of blood; torn feathers and shredded skin hanging off of her beautiful appendage. She would blink awake, and the snow would have melted and the spring would welcome her. And Asterion, her love, her twilight prince eternal, would be at her side.

Everything would be right again.

But everything is not right. Not now.. maybe never again. And maybe, Aislinn tries, that will be okay. For this reality and kingdom of daydreams that they have built together — their shared faerie tale — is all she needs. And instinctively, magnetically, she is pulled, swaying because her skin craves his warmth. His loving touch. His imprinted kiss still burns upon the dark of her cheek. Asterion is here with her, and that alone bears down on her in a wash of relief that heals more than the salves on her wounds, and the drink poured down her throat.

You’re safe.

He’s right, she knows. She’s safe.. now. For the first time during the forever night, she sighs under the blanket of security that he has placed on her shoulders. On her heart. He alone has brought this to her, and Aislinn couldn’t be more wrought with false stability and anguish. Yet here he is — and what she does not realize, not yet, is how far he had come for her. In the dead of this long night, through sleet and ice and rain and fear like daggers piercing his own flesh.. Asterion had found her.

And then suddenly, her love for him is a light that washes over her in twilight gold and lavender shimmer. It is a healing salve brighter than Calligo’s moon and stars. It is Vespera’s defiance as the sun sets in the ever night. It is Orien’s strength of new dawn, and it is even Solis’ hellfire that scorches unsuspecting grounds. Her heart has swollen, and is near bursting with the sheer power of her gratitude — for it truly knows no bounds.

Her prince had come for her.

He had found her. In her darkest moments. When she needed him most.

Of course I did. I love you.

The liquid fire that has dribbled down her throat leaves her too tongue parched, but still she rasps, ”I love you,” stumbling and breaking over the words. Aislinn is cracking, another silver tear slipping through a thick of lashes. Her muzzle reaches towards him, willing to pull him closer. How much she needs to feel his warmth seep into the cold of her skin, no matter how the rain has sank into his bones. She doesn’t care, except for how much she needs the distance between them to break. To be nothing but the comfort of having him at her side.

What she doesn’t know is that they will not let her — not when she is like this.

But then again, she cannot help but try.

Please, please don’t leave,” she begs, her voice so so soft, ”stay with me. I need you.” Orbs of icy blue — no longer flames that burn — search for him through the haze that clouds her. Her heart constricts at the pause that stretches, pregnant with the sudden quiet of their heartbeats.

Please don’t go.

@asterion ♡ holy fudge muffins I’m so so sorry for the wait darling D:
+ my muse strikes again and I have a healer post written too if you’d like <3

space

Messages In This Thread
we can weep and call it singing; - by Asterion - 03-03-2018, 09:15 PM
RE: we can weep and call it singing; - by Aislinn - 03-10-2018, 07:08 AM
RE: we can weep and call it singing; - by Asterion - 03-17-2018, 01:27 PM
RE: we can weep and call it singing; - by Aislinn - 03-27-2018, 03:44 AM
RE: we can weep and call it singing; - by Asterion - 04-04-2018, 01:48 PM
RE: we can weep and call it singing; - by Aislinn - 04-30-2018, 04:34 AM
RE: we can weep and call it singing; - by Asterion - 04-30-2018, 10:29 AM