Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

The other stallion’s expression wilted at my words, his ears visibly dropping. The first thing in my mind was confusion. Hadn’t I just said that he was no trouble, and that he’s free to do as he pleases? I think over my words again and realization begins to dawn. I hadn’t exactly been FRIENDLY, clearly in the process I’d embarrassed the other man. Guilt began to color my feelings. What an asshole you are, Rosti.

The weak smile that came across at me highlighted his overall appearance. Skinny, breakable. His feelings so clearly wounded as if I’d struck him across the face. But in his eyes— tenderness, tenacity. He speaks finally, nervously it seems. My gut reaction is similar to when he first greeted me. And yet here we are talking...? But my reaction is tempered by guilt before I can grunt my reply.

Instead, I offer him a reassuring smile— and secretly hope that it softens my features instead of contorting them to resemble a gargoyle. That would be no good at all.

“Well, I suppose my initial rudeness reinforced that perception.” I chuckle, letting the comment stand as an implicit apology. “We are social creatures, are we not? I’m lucky you’ve come along to spare me a sojourn as a lone wolf. What name does my rescuer go by?” I can only imagine how his face might brighten at my tone’s about-face. I’m not sure I care one way or another whether I’m alone, but it doesn’t hurt to practice tactfulness or politeness.

Sorry it took awhile!
Tag: @Auru

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Rostislav - 03-05-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Auru - 03-06-2018, 01:18 AM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Rostislav - 03-19-2018, 10:31 PM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Auru - 05-10-2018, 06:18 PM
RE: seven seconds of heaven [[blind date]] - by Rostislav - 06-01-2018, 03:23 AM