Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stand by Me [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eros

A year in Novus, and what does he have to show for it? An acquaintance or two, and a still-aching heart. He hadn’t even chosen a land to settle in until recently. Delumine, he had decided, drawn by the beautiful flowers and his new friend. Dawn Court values knowledge, yes, and maybe Eros isn’t the brightest—or the wisest, or the calmest,—but surely his curiosity counts for something? Perhaps his love for nature? If neither, at least he is quite fond of the people he’s met here.

He had just finished grooming himself for the night, kohl washed from his lashes and tail combed and oiled, when he’d heard there’ll be a meeting. A meeting? At this time? Outside, the sun had already dropped low in the sky ablaze, shadows stretched long and thin across the ground. What terrible light to reapply cosmetic in, he’d thought. Of course, he’d be scandalized to even consider leaving without it, so he would have to make do.

Presently, he stops at a puddle for a moment to reexamine his reflection, blinking once, twice before picking up a brisk trot. Running late to his first Court event, how embarrassing! He cannot afford to go any faster and risk sweating, though, having foolishly left his perfume behind.

As he nears, he can hear a familiar voice begin to speak. Eros recognizes it as Ipomoea’s—the first horse he’d met in Novus many, many months ago,—although he does not speak for long before a deeper voice follows. This one talks of warriors and defense, and Eros cannot identify it. Upon reaching the gathering, he places it as the eagle-winged roan’s, but the face itself is unknown to him. So many horses here are unfamiliar, such that Eros instantly finds the only two he has met.

He makes his way toward Messalina as the people gathered begin to speak singly. They all offer congratulations, and…are speaking for positions? Eros does his best to follow the exchanges with a polite smile pulled across his lips, but cannot help but feel he’s missing something important from earlier. For now, he keeps quiet, and resolves to ask Messa after everyone has dispersed.

v v sorry this is so late!!
let's blame it on eros' vanity, yes? c'x

Messages In This Thread
Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 03-09-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ulric - 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Liesel - 03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eulalie - 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Messalina - 03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Pavetta - 03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Orion - 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eros - 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM