Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stand by Me [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

ULRIC
Warden of the Dawn Court
we are men amongst mountains, pressing into the night
It was time.

There was no telling how the Court would react to the sudden news that the King they had once known was now gone – not from the earth itself, but from Delumine, his reasoning and current whereabouts unknown. Perhaps that was what had Ulric most concerned. Somnus would no doubt lead Delumine into a new era and make a fine King, but how would the others react? Would they believe that it was all so simple, that Kasil could really just leave without a single word to anyone but Somnus himself?

Together, the three of them waited. Ulric was a silent sentinel standing to his King’s left, square and at attention as any proper soldier should be. He was a little more than that now, he supposed, but his purpose was and always would be the same – to serve and protect he who sat the throne no matter the cost. At Somnus’ gentle action, the roan bumped his whiskered muzzle briefly against the dunalino’s own. He was surely anxious, as any man suddenly turned King should be, but Ulric found there was truly little reason for Somnus to fret. He had known the man for a number of years now, and quite honestly, there wasn’t a single individual in the world better fit for the role of Sovereign of Delumine. Somnus possessed all the necessary qualities to rule, and now, it was time for him to show the world just that.

Some arrived in small groups while others came alone, but eventually, the denizens of Delumine had gathered together. Their numbers were, quite honestly, pathetic. They would be an easy target for anyone looking to strike, whatever their reason may be, but with the changes that were soon to come, hopefully it wouldn’t be that way for long.

As Somnus spoke, followed closely by Ipomoea, Ulric’s golden gaze swept over the faces standing before them. These were the faces of their people, of their family, those who he, Somnus, and Ipomoea would fight for and defend, and the Warden wished to commit them all to his memory.

Silence spread for only a brief moment after the Regent had spoken before Ulric took the chance to say something himself. "Delumine is also in crucial need of warriors," he stated, once more looking across those gathered before them and doing his best to gauge their reactions to everything. "Even if you don’t wish to become one full-time, or only wish to learn how to defend yourself, I would be more than willing to teach those who are interested."

"Talk."

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 03-09-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ulric - 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Liesel - 03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eulalie - 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Messalina - 03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Pavetta - 03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Orion - 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM