Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stand by Me [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pavetta

p a v e t t a - - -

Pavetta’s first two weeks in the Dawn Court had been spent mostly alone.

She had not yet been quite strong enough to wander very far from the quant little grotto where Somnus had brought her to heal and rest after bringing her to Delumine. The grotto was cool and dry, tucked away like a secret. It was not but half a day’s walk from the capitol and was situated near the beach. The days passed slowly. Her daily routine was simple: sleep, eat, drink. She could amble awkwardly on her three good legs to the nearby spring for a drink and managed to graze a short distance from the entrance, but for the most part she rested in solitude and waited for her leg to heal.

When boredom threatened to overwhelm her good senses, she took to decorating her new living quarters: strings of colorful ocean glass, dried bunches of roots and herbs that hung from small strings on the stone walls. Soon she could manage a daily “physical therapy” walk. On these walks, she collected junk and odds and ends. Soon she had an impressive collection of small glass jars and vials that were scattered haphazardly (yet somehow organized) on stone ledges that worked nicely as shelves. She gathered herbs and healing plants, organized them into small, dry bundles, and hung them across the ceiling with old rope decorated with flowers. Her mortar and pestle rested on the wide, flat basin in the middle of the cavern. There she began sorting and crushing certain plants and filing the jars and vials with her various healing remedies.

When her leg had finally healed, she soon wandered far and wide across Delumine, and then even venturing on to explore other courts. She had robbed a bandit and made a dear friend in the canyon of the Day Court, met a mysterious handsome stranger at the Night Market (even now she wore the lavender perfume he had bought her), and had met a regal golden queen and lady of time in Amare.

Without entirely realizing it, all of Novus had become her home, not just the Dawn Court.

On a day much like any other, she was gathering herbs when a young messenger showed up at her little abode, bringing word of a Court gathering to take place. Pavetta set off confidently to the capitol, wondering who she would meet and what she would discover along the way. The capitol towered overhead, ivy and vines running across the stone spirals like green servants. The cobblestone felt strange underfoot, but familiar, much like the pristine marble temple she had been raised in. The Dawn Court was beautiful but not cold. The stone held warmth from the sunrise like an old friend.

Most of the Court that heeded the King’s call were somewhat familiar to Pavetta. There were a few faces she did not know, but recognized Somnus’s regal bearing instantly. She mingled easily in the throng of gathered bodies, settling in the middle of the crowd, ears pricked and eyes glimmering bright with curiosity. To her surprise, and gauging from the similar reaction of the rest of the assembled Court, Somnus announced his ascension to the throne and named his Regent, a certain “Po” she had yet to meet. He seemed an elegant stallion, with a crown of flowers settled in his wild hair. The newly named regent urged them to have strength together. Was a war brooding?

Next Ulrich spoke at the King’s left; a slate colored pegasus with intense golden-jeweled eyes and various braids twisted in his coal black hair. He spoke urgently of the need for warriors and again Pavetta was struck with the feeling that not all was well in fair Delumine. A mare the color of dusk replied briskly, Liesel, presenting herself as an option for the new Emissary. If anything, the mare had a way with words, and Pavetta supposed that was probably a necessary skill to become an Emissary. She spoke with a fervent passion that was almost angry, so fiercely did she speak of the need for the Dawn Court to be respected, recognized, and strong. Egave a similar speech of unity and strength, and some poetic tidbit about the rising sun.

Pavetta did not have much to say regarding poetry or togetherness or anything in the nature of awing the world by the strength of the Dawn Court. “I will fight. Let me be both a warrior and a healer.” But she would say her piece, albeit less elegantly than the others, and have done with it. “I too would speak for the position of Emissary."

isn't it a little late, shouldn't you fly away? 
little dove with cigarettes ---

Messages In This Thread
Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 03-09-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ulric - 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Liesel - 03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eulalie - 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Messalina - 03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Pavetta - 03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Orion - 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eros - 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 11:22 AM