Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Curious Questions

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eidolon

Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you

Like honey, Eidolon found the battle-hardy woman had sweet words. They fell on his ears like petals and he could not help himself but return her smile. It came to him alien and strange; certainly something new to him and only seen in this new world. He thought perhaps that never before had he gotten such a warm invitation to anything from anyone. Fairly ridiculous, but his life before Novus did not offer him much kindness. It was incredibly welcoming and left a warm feeling in his gut. Mildly he was surprised at their height difference. She was not short, it was more that Eidolon was incredibly tall. Her outstanding reputation had him imagining things. Still he found she was as beautiful as he had heard, much like the storms she seemed to exude. There was something electric about her: an energy that zipped along the spine and left a tingling of excitement in others. A zap of true and pure life essence and all the power behind it.

Almost immediately Aislinn had turned to face him; the fountain at her back trickling water in an immortal flow. The sound was rythmic to a point, naturally so. Added to the tune was the delicate tinkling of the coins the woman wore at her neck and the movement and chatter of others. This song, of mingling and pleasant nights, was very quickly growing on the overgrown shadow beast. More and more this place began to feel like home: something worth protecting. 

Stepping closer, the large stallion gave something between a bow and a nod of the head, “Thank you, I’m Eidolon, and i’m just as happy to meet you.” his voice was earnest, “ Sorry if it was presumptuous to seek you out personally. Your reputation had me thinking you’d be the right one to come to.” Maybe this was too polite? He was not sure, but thought it best to give her the respect she had earned as the regent. How he spoke his next question he was a bit unsure of as well and it showed briefly on his countenance: shuffling wings, a brief loss of eye contact, a look of thought. Even as he spoke, Eidolon wondered if he could have said it better, “I find myself at a loss of knowledge when it comes to Calligo and was hoping you might enlighten me.” He tripped over his words in an attempt to explain, “I-uhm, well, circumstances have had me at a disadvantage, as the life of a hermit can do. Well, former hermit.”

Feeling as though he had embarrassed himself enough for the time being, he held his tongue from trying to explain any further.  It was not often he struggled to speak to another and it anguished him in the way little frustrations did. Maybe he should have come up with something better than a hermit but at least it was along the lines of truth. Lying did not sit well in him. For someone so tied to shadows, he was not very good at secrets and subterfuge. Though now that he thought about it, he never believed shadows held those qualities. Sometimes, maybe, but there was so much more to darkness. Few understood that, though he was sure those of the night court knew it well.

OOC: No trouble at all <3 i've been pretty busy myself and ohgosh thank you, Aislinn is amazing I'm excited to see how this thread goes! Eidolon is definitely fond of her from the start but also... very embarrassed because how does one tell a smart and beautiful lady that he's a big dumby when it comes to Calligo haha.

Messages In This Thread
Curious Questions - by Eidolon - 03-21-2018, 02:29 PM
RE: Curious Questions - by Aislinn - 03-31-2018, 04:30 AM
RE: Curious Questions - by Eidolon - 04-11-2018, 08:58 PM