Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Take Me Back to the Night We Met

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Apollo

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

There had been no heartbreak or unease when they had left Denocte. It had, quite honestly, been surprisingly simple and done without fanfare.

Maybe it was because they had never truly belonged there anyway. Apollo recalled the evening of their arrival, the frantic desperation and heartbroken joy as two survivors reunited after witnessing countless death and destruction, and how Reichenbach had found them. The meeting had led to nowhere, and if he were being honest, Apollo had not been impressed by Denocte’s King. From there, he and Ktulu had mingled among the Night Court masses, but try as they might, they simply couldn’t fit in. Funny how they were the outcasts in a court full of misfits. It just wasn’t ’home’. Home was a beautiful mare the color of ebony and ivory with breathtaking crimson eyes, a rugged brown grizzly, and an eyeless black cat.

Home was not a place. It had never been a place. It had just taken him twelve years to figure that out.

“This place reminds me of Helovia,” Apollo murmured softly, his deep voice carrying easily over the sound of buzzing insects and chirping birds, “Of the Deep Forest. Remember?” He had no doubts that she did. After all, the Deep Forest was where they had me all those years ago. It was kind of hard to forget.

From Denocte they had traveled north, picking random paths and taking them without a care in the world. They were two wanderers, two souls searching for their missing companions. Apollo would scour the earth until he found Zola, and he knew that Ktulu would do the same for Eytan. They had arrived in a beautiful forest, lush and green and providing ample shade from the hot summer sun that shone from above. Immediately the Merciful was smitten with the place. He’d always held a fondness for trees and vegetation… The trees were large and ancient, and he couldn’t help but wonder what sort of knowledge they held within their trunks, within their grand branches and beautiful leaves.

A breeze on the wind tousled his hair, the scent fresh and earthy. The air was hot and dry, but the forest provided reprieve from the afternoon heat. The grass was green and lush beneath their wandering hooves, not yet dried from summer’s heat, and honey-brown eyes wandered from admiring the scenery to taking in Ktulu’s frame by his side. They were never apart. It filled his old heart with joy, knowing that they would be together for the rest of their days. Gods willing, even beyond that.

After years of back and forth, years of turmoil and doubts and random events that tore them away from one another, here they were. Together. Two lovers, old and wise, keen and beautiful, shaped by a world built of kindness and grief. They had lost everything, but the Gods, merciful and mighty as they could be, had granted them this second chance. Apollo would not waste it.

He smiled.

The stallion stretched out through the small distance between them, reaching out to brush his muzzle against the flesh of Ktulu’s neck just because he knew he could. He could never get enough of her; the sound of her voice, the scent of her, the roll of her eyes, the small smiles reserved only for him, the cunning smirks, the knowing, heated glances she would send his way… Ktulu was his everything. How had he lived without her before this?

Pulling away with a gentle lip at her flesh, Apollo directed his gaze back to the forest around them. He breathed in deep, letting the fresh air rest in his lungs.

“I like it here. We should stay for a while. What do you think?”

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Ktulu for my Constrictor <3

Messages In This Thread
Take Me Back to the Night We Met - by Apollo - 04-03-2018, 10:19 PM
RE: Take Me Back to the Night We Met - by Ktulu - 04-03-2018, 11:19 PM
RE: Take Me Back to the Night We Met - by Apollo - 04-04-2018, 09:01 PM