Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Take Me Back to the Night We Met

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

Ktulu
Ktulu
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife

The decision to leave the Foothills had been one that had weighed heavily on Ktulu's heart and mind in the days leading up to her departure, and it had weighed even more heavily on her after she left. Leaving Denocte was nothing like that. The decision had been easy. Simple, even. Perhaps it was because she wasn't leaving behind everything that she loved, like when she had left the Foothills. This time everything she loved was coming with her.

The silence that stretched between them as they walked was comfortable. Ktulu did not feel the need to fill the silence with awkward small talk as she'd often done on patrols with others that she hadn't known well, being their leader, but should have. Apollo knew her mind, knew her heart, could read her body language well enough to know what she was thinking before she could even put it to words, anyway. A single glance, a subtle shift of her body was all it took for her to convey a message to him. It had been a long time since someone knew her that well and, if possible, it made her love him even more than she already did.

As they walked the scenery gradually changed and soon they were walking through a forest, densely blanketed with trees, thickets, and shrubs. Flies and other insects buzzed around their ears, brush and tree branches snagged at their manes and tails, and the chirping of birds alerted other creatures of their arrival. It was the first place they had been that even felt remotely familiar. Apollo must have picked up on what she was feeling because he voiced it only seconds later. "Yes." she agreed and followed it with her own question. "How could I forget?" It was the place that they had first met and their fates had been sealed.

The dark forest had always been a place that Ktulu had held near and dear to her heart, even when she ruled over the Foothills and lead the warriors in the World's Edge and the Hidden Falls. The dark forest had helped to shape and mold her into what she was. It was not an easy place to live and so she had grown strong. Danger lurked behind every tree and so she had become vigilant. The Grey had come to life within the forest, she had been given magic, and a companion, had forged bonds, professed love, hammered out contracts, and had dealth with loss under the thick canopy of that forest. This wasn't the deep forest, but it was damn close and that was all she could ask for. Her head lifted, crimson eyes scouring the canopy above them.

The touch to her neck made her skin prickle and a shiver ripple down her spine. "It feels like home." Her gaze fell back to Apollo, wonderful, patient, Apollo, and she offered a small smile. "I like it here, too." She waited a moment then stepped forward, her tail flicking so the silken strands would brush against Apollo's chest if he remained in place. "A good place to raise a family." She added with a coy glance over her shoulder.

"."

Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Messages In This Thread
Take Me Back to the Night We Met - by Apollo - 04-03-2018, 10:19 PM
RE: Take Me Back to the Night We Met - by Ktulu - 04-03-2018, 11:19 PM
RE: Take Me Back to the Night We Met - by Apollo - 04-04-2018, 09:01 PM