Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - hearts without chains

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kezz [PM] Posts: 44 — Threads: 9
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

S  A  B  I  N  E

"Of course."

Two words to breathe happiness into her heart - he is certain and perpetual; a constant that all children need. Long hours she had spent watching the distance gape between Rhoswen and Raum, filling up her lungs with an anxiety that wriggled and tunnelled, but here - alone with him - she felt that dissipate into nothingness. Here they were free from politics and love-so-torn. Behind eggshell eyes Sabine watched her father produce a fine belt to strap about her finer leg, her gaze shadowing his every motion and movement. Eagerly, the blush girl fastened the cord to her limb before slipping into it her new asset - if this was what growing up felt like, Sabi decided she liked it a lot.

"She loves you, you know. Things are just hard for her at the moment, Sabi.”

The girl (innocent and fleeting) was too young to understand, but nodded mutedly anyway, knowing that Raum would not answer her questions no matter how often she put them to him. Something of a sand-drenched land, far north from here, where the sky was bleached blue and the horizon could never be caught. One day soon she would seek the truth and no stone would be left unturned in her quest for it. For now though, she was content to leave the complexities of this life to her parents; there was too much to see, too much to do. Her life so far had not been easy, but listening to her father's own childhood brought a new expression to her gaze: gratitude. Rhoswen was brimstone and ice at times, but she was there. What must it have been like to be alone in the world at such an age? 

She might have questioned her father further had he not so swiftly diverted her attention. A smile lifted to Sabi's eyes, a laugh born in her throat - Acton's illusions had fascinated her from the first instance, but it was the more accessible art of self-defence that the golden man had first and foremost brought to her. "I'm not very good at it," she snorted, feeling the creeping fingers of self-consciousness bleeding in, "but yes, I have been practising." She glanced down at the blade resting like a cold promise on her skin, before returning to her father's eyes, "can you show me how to use this, too?"

@Raum <3

space

[Image: dbnivdi-4dcf9461-8e04-49e8-966c-3f4599c0...KvnIBGQKn8]

Messages In This Thread
hearts without chains - by Sabine - 04-04-2018, 04:08 PM
RE: the road not taken - by Raum - 04-04-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: hearts without chains - by Sabine - 04-06-2018, 05:13 PM
RE: hearts without chains - by Raum - 04-09-2018, 01:47 PM
RE: hearts without chains - by Sabine - 05-29-2018, 07:03 AM