Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - salt to the sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Virun

✩ v i r u n ✩

but the fire is coming
so I think we should run

Black – violet, in the light – ears twitched forward to catch the sound of his voice. Virun was vaguely aware that she’d lashed out at him, and there was something strange to in how utterly unfettered and pleasant he sounded. She told herself, however, that he was probably just a pleasant person, and he understood that it was nothing personal; if the conversation hadn’t already been moving forward, she might have apologized for her tone. As it was, however, she nodded amicably to his comment. “I can certainly understand that.” As if on cue, she felt salty breeze brush through her great expanses of silver-and-violet hair, sending it billowing out in waves behind her. “I arrived here by falling into the ocean – I felt like I had salt in my hair for weeks.” She might have had salt in her hair for weeks, for all she knew. In spite of her best efforts to the contrary, her hair was something untamable. She wondered, for a moment, what the stranger in front of her looked like – she hadn’t had sight for very long, and her impression of form was wavery, at best. Was he tall? Short? Large? Small? Handsome? Beautiful? Ordinary? Ugly? Horrifying? What color were his eyes? His coat? His mane? How long was his hair? What sort of expression was he wearing, what posture did he have, how was he looking at her? She wasn’t entirely sure what any of those words meant; they all had meanings far beyond her comprehension, so they might as well have meant nothing at all.

His next comment took her by surprise. He was a newcomer, then - very new. She couldn’t imagine the confidence and self-assuredness that it would require to veer away from your intended destination and simply venture into a new one; she had, after all, only left her homeland by necessity. It must have been dangerous passage, she thought, when she considered the rocks that she had only just been diving towards below. She tilted her head at him slightly, a hint of confusion entering her tone momentarily. “I didn’t realize that boats arrived off the shore of Terrastella. I can’t see the beach, of course, but I’ve heard that it’s nothing but crags – I would have thought that it would be too dangerous.”

That was hardly relevant, however; he’d asked her a question. “Regardless, though, I doubt that I can tell you much of anything about this place. I haven’t been here for long, and I don’t know much.” Might as well be upfront with him, she supposed. If he’d come to her with questions about Roskildar, her knowledge would be practically encyclopedic, but Virun considered Novus more of a transitory point than anything – she didn’t want to stay, and she didn’t want to learn about it. She still wished that it weren’t real. Silly girl. However, considering that it was, she had managed to gather a bit of information, so, reluctantly, she added, “Is there anything specific that you’re interested in?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tags | @toulouse
notes | I love Toulouse and also I'm terribly sorry for the wait. 

@

Messages In This Thread
salt to the sea - by Virun - 04-08-2018, 07:26 PM
RE: salt to the sea - by Toulouse - 04-15-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: salt to the sea - by Virun - 04-22-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: salt to the sea - by Toulouse - 05-19-2018, 02:34 PM
RE: salt to the sea - by Virun - 06-26-2018, 04:02 PM