Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - noble aim [patrol]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

U   L   R   I   C

Aim, throw your best shot right at me
'Cause pain, I can take it easily
Did you really I'd fall to my knees
Just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

Theirs was the last group to depart from the citadel, setting out with the Rapax River as their destination. Ulric had lingered just long enough to assure the other groups had met up, that all was well between them, and had gone over a few guidelines as well – what to do should they come across somebody or something, what to be on the lookout for, and when they were expected to be back. Safety was always at the forefront of the Warden’s mind, but his faith was strong for the group that had stepped forward to assist in the patrols.

His partner in crime today is a familiar one of ivory and gold, one he had first seen crashing through the forest in the dark of night as though she were being hunted by a demon. He hadn’t been able to offer much, at least not in his eyes, but he’d offered the gaunt mare what refuge he could in his quaint campsite. It was good to see her as she was now, strong and with a spark in her eye that had been missing back then. To her words the roan offered a complaisant smile, matching her stride as they made it ever closer to the river ahead. “Busy, yes,” he agreed with a genial chuckle, “What with the restructuring of the Kingdom. But I’ve been well all the same.” Exhausted, if he were being honest, but the Warden wasn’t one to complain of his own state – not when it meant that his people were being kept safe. Gilded eyes were alight as they focused on the lady’s own of earthly brown, his smile remaining. “And you, Eulalie? I hope things have been going well for you.”

It wasn’t long before the soothing sound of flowing water met his ears. Up ahead lay the undulating river, its current calm with the lack of rain the past several days. Ulric took a moment to scan the stretch of land that lay beyond it, scrutinizing in his search for anything out of the ordinary. It was quiet, the wildlife seeming undisturbed and at peace. Countless prints marred the dirt and mud around the immediate area, but as a common area for the denizens of Delumine, it would be impossible to decipher whether any of them didn’t belong. Another moment and the Warden seemed satisfied, but the river stretched on for many miles more – they had much more ground to cover.

“Somnus tells me that there are dolphins in this river,” Ulric mused allowed as he picked up his feet to continue following the riverbank, and with a snort of amusement he continued. “And that they’re pink; would you believe that? But I’ve yet to see any with my own two eyes.”

space

@Eulalie - I am soooo sorry for the wait! D':

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 04-09-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Ulric - 05-02-2018, 12:08 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 05-26-2018, 01:26 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Ulric - 05-28-2018, 12:25 AM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 06-10-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Ulric - 06-26-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 07-22-2018, 02:21 PM