Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - noble aim [patrol]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

U   L   R   I   C

Aim, throw your best shot right at me
'Cause pain, I can take it easily
Did you really I'd fall to my knees
Just to pray for some sweet simplicity?

“Me?” The rhetoric was spoken with a raised brow before the roan continued, humming amusedly before he continued. “Of course. I can’t tend to my country if I don’t first tend to myself.” The statement itself was true, but that was where the lie was. Ulric may believe he was taking care of himself, but his own body would be the first to call him out on it. He rose early and settled down late, and when he did sleep, it was for a few hours at best.

As the sunshine woman carried on, the Warden’s features softened as did his smile. Their patrol had only just begun, their first time spent together since those nights spent at his camp – and already he could see a vast difference in Eulalie. Her eyes were bright and her voice optimistic – even the way she moved seemed more free than before, and Ulric could not be happier that he’d played a very small role in her recovery. “I’d rather not think on that,” he remarked at the prospect of what might have happened had their paths not crossed on that night years ago, ”But… I’m glad, that we met that night, and that we managed to find each other again. Delumine is something else entirely, and even my wanderer’s heart seems content here.”

Their conversation became light-hearted as the focus shifted to that of the creatures that lurked in the depths of Rapax River, the likes of which Ulric was almost certain didn’t truly exist. Time and time again he had heard tales of the pink dolphins that inhabited it, yet despite his daily trips past the winding body of water, he had yet to spot a single one.

That’s why he looked to Eulalie with a deadpan expression when she went on, and Ulric nearly scoffed in his disbelief.

“Not you, too,” he said with a groan and a playful roll of his eyes, obstinate in his belief that no such creatures truly existed in the waters before them. Surely everybody who claimed to see them were in cahoots with one another, pulling his leg in some kind of grand scheme. Coming to a halt, Ulric directed the entirety of his attention on Eulalie and by now, he was nearly grinning. “I walk past these parts almost nightly and have yet to see any. Maybe they just don’t like me?”

space

@Eulalie <3

HISTORY HAS ITS EYES ON YOU

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 04-09-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Ulric - 05-02-2018, 12:08 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 05-26-2018, 01:26 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Ulric - 05-28-2018, 12:25 AM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 06-10-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Ulric - 06-26-2018, 08:46 PM
RE: noble aim [patrol] - by Eulalie - 07-22-2018, 02:21 PM