Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - see the FOREST, not the TREES [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

A long time ago, when the earth was still green,
There were more kinds of animals than you've ever seen;
They'd run around free while the earth was being born,
The loveliest of all was the Unicorn.

My voice is not the prettiest - it's rugged, male, and definitely accented in Russian, not Irish as the song might have intended. But it's not as bad as you might expect it to be. The song keeps me entertained as I make my way beyond the river, having found a safe and calm place to cross it. I continue to hum the song, thinking the lyrics in my head. Soon I find myself at the entrance to a forest, and I slow my pace as I approach the dense trees. I'm sure they space out a bit more at some point, but where I've chosen to enter is thick and requires active navigation. I step carefully, watching for snags, stumps, and critters as I weave my way between the trunks. Every now and then I see a little pocket of growth that looks like it might be hiding something, and I stop to sniff and ogle, wondering if the relic may be hidden there. I'm starting to think that this 'relic' is just some idea conjured up to drive the inhabitants of Novus completely mad. It's rather working, in my case. "Oh, relic? Where are you?" I stomp a hoof into the ground and scratch a horn on a nearby trunk tree. Maybe if I keep calling to it, it'll show up? Doubtful. Verrrrry doubtful.

Text text text.
"Words words words."

Messages In This Thread
see the FOREST, not the TREES [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-19-2017, 10:55 PM
RE: see the FOREST, not the TREES [relic contest] - by Johari - 06-24-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: see the FOREST, not the TREES [relic contest] - by Johari - 06-26-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: see the FOREST, not the TREES [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-25-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: see the FOREST, not the TREES [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM