Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - darkness eternal

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Raam

"There is nothing to like"

A frown tugs at my lips, because my problems seem much grander than hers. I should be the one pouting in the creek. Her self pity seems crude, and I have no interest in such baseless matters. But as she stands, my flickering interest is quickly caught once more- there is something very intimate about the way the water rolls down her body. And when I notice her body has been touched by fire, I know I should be disgusted but I am only intrigued further. The mark of flesh, the body's burdens, they seem more poignant now that I, too, am mortal.

"A dragon?" I forget for a moment the pretty face before me, and I do like pretty faces.
Where there are dragons, there is magic. This I know with foolhardy certainty, and it sets me aflame. My chest tightens with hope and the ember in my eyes turns to hunger as I step closer to the freckled maiden. "Where?" I can hear the desperation in my shaking voice and it makes me want to vomit.

Her name is Lavinia. It reminds me of the night. "In all my life, I have not heard that name once." I suppose she does not understand the gravity of this compliment, but I am not here to boast of my age. I wonder then which name to give her, which face I will choose to wear. I have countless designations, some which I've been given and others which I've chosen for myself. However, there is one I go back to time and time again. I do not remember when I started to bear this name- perhaps it was before I was born. There are some things that were written before time itself. 

"My name is Raam." I am thinking of the sun breaking through the storm, the brilliant light in a sea of darkness. I feel myself standing taller, prouder, a shell of my former self but still something glorious.

My attention turns back to her- I am feeling suddenly magnanimous and the world is looking different. Smaller, sharper, sadder. "What happened to you, Lavinia?" I generously give her my full, intense attention.

@Lavinia aha sorry he's a bit more of a douche than I planned xD just so you know I'll be out of town until next Wednesday, most likely without time to write <3

Messages In This Thread
darkness eternal - by Lavinia - 04-29-2018, 11:06 PM
RE: darkness eternal - by Raam - 05-04-2018, 02:18 PM
RE: darkness eternal - by Lavinia - 05-08-2018, 04:21 PM
RE: darkness eternal - by Raam - 05-10-2018, 02:39 PM