Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - thy kingdom come. [meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I should have known that Reichenbach was nearby. That he waited in the shadows, as much a savvy spy as his little Crows. (Or some of his Crows.) But in the whirlwind of emotions that swept me away, I didn't notice the glint of that aquamarine eye. The words of Jezanna and Raum melt away in my mind as he steps forward. Of course, King that he is, he calmly weaves through the crowd to the front -- and they part like the Red Sea. His melodic voice carries over the din of chattering, and the crowd falls silent.

I did not close the gates. For this then, Reichenbach was blameless. I don't know that I'm surprised. Though there are many things that I would like to blame the King -- my friend -- for, I can't actually say that I grouped him in with Aislinn and Isorath on that charge. Perhaps it was simply the fact he was not by her side when Aislinn pronounced the order. And so I am silent. I am silent when he supports the choice.

And I am silent when he accepts blame -- and hurls it right back at me.

I stand my ground, not breaking eye contact with the Sovereign. His accusations sting, because I know that to at least some extent, they are true. That being said, I am not as pathetic as he makes me out to be. I feel a muscle in my jaw twitch as I clench my teeth together. Damaris growls next to me, feeding off my anger. It's true that there is not much I have done to protect Denocte. It is hard when the army is so... spotty. And two of the reliable ones are in positions of power already!

"I stand accused and admit my faults!" I snap back, nostrils flaring. "I have always been flawed, and you have always known this! I find it difficult to defend against Solterra when I am their prisoner, don't you agree?" A barked laugh as I remember my imprisonment under Maxence's orders. "I have had no instructions from you, nor have I been privy to your council to know what you desire. These past weeks I have been trying to rouse the troops, especially when I heard what was going on with Terrastella. Is that not the action you desire? I accept the blame, M'lord, but do not think that I am so worthless that I may be cast aside like the dumb runt of the litter."

Despite my anger, despite the charges I have leveled against him, Reich's answer is like a soft balm to my raw fury. The red that I had begun to see fades, and my jaw relaxes ever-so-slightly. The closing of the gate will not be permanent. 'I ask for your patience.' I do not have that sort of patience, and yet....

Under my breath, loud enough only for Damaris and one or two of the closest bystanders to hear, I express these last thoughts. "I may have patience - for you to mend what is broken."

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Aislinn - 04-30-2018, 03:29 AM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Isorath - 04-30-2018, 12:07 PM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Rhoswen - 05-01-2018, 04:39 AM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Lyra - 05-01-2018, 11:27 AM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Isorath - 05-01-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Acton - 05-01-2018, 09:24 PM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Rostislav - 05-01-2018, 10:11 PM