Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - take me to the fireflies ball

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

so why don't we rewrite the stars
maybe the world could be ours tonight

The fireflies danced through the grasses and in the air and their soft, pulsing light was most mesmerizing in the night. Eulalie's earth toned eyes scanned the stars above, each pinpoint of light reaching out for her through the space between them. Was it possible that each had its own story? Her head dropped as Somnus accented speech filled the air, and she could not help the smile she wore as their gazes met briefly before he turned his attention to the sky above.

He pointed out the constellation to her, and she listened raptly as he spoke, allowing his voice to wash over her. The brush of his wing against her side, so softly, so briefly he seemed not to notice, set a shiver rushing across her skin. Her eyes slid quickly over his upturned profile before they located the constellation he spoke of, the barest of smiles on her face, "I see it," she breathed. She traced the diamond shape in her mind, eventually focusing on the center star as Somnus began to tell a story.

As the tale was woven before her, Eulalie found herself watching Somnus rather than the sky. Each word as it slipped from his lips was like honey, and she could sense the emotion behind each one. It was clear to her that this story held some significance for him, in some way, from some time past, and the sunshine woman wanted nothing more than to take away the pain from his verdent green eyes. She resisted the urge to reach out to him, to embrace him, aware that they were still too new to each other's company for such close comforts.

"To think that these stars have witnessed worlds, and are here to tell their stories," she said in wonder, unable to comprehend the true amazement behind that but knowing that it humbled her. "I wonder if they will tell our stories to others, someday." Eulalie mused and she offered Somnus a smile of understanding, of loss and of things that have been taken from you. A breath escaped her as she looked back at the constellation, "I could only imagine a love like that, a love so strong that even the gods will bend the world for it," she admitted, thoughts of her life before Delumine pushing their way through her mind.

"Speaking."

Aah I hope that this is okay! She just wants to give him hugs @Somnus

Messages In This Thread
take me to the fireflies ball - by Eulalie - 05-01-2018, 04:42 PM
RE: take me to the fireflies ball - by Somnus - 05-06-2018, 06:26 AM
RE: take me to the fireflies ball - by Eulalie - 05-13-2018, 07:04 PM