Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - meet me in the morning sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhea

Her face was scrunched in concentration, using her telekinesis to drive the knife’s tip into the tree she was currently working on. It was partially covered in the symbols unique to the Ilati, each one done with as much precision as could be afforded her from the ground. She closed one eye, leaning her head in the direction that she desired (as if that would help her really). She had been at this most of the morning, though she had barely finished the first one she had been working on the day before. She took great pride in the carving work that she did, and did not see the harm in making sure that everything was perfect.

She recalled the first time she’d been taught to carve, her best friend teasing her for the way one of her symbols looked. He’d said it looked like a fat electric catfish when it had been something else entirely. She huffed a chuckle at the memory, the knife’s point pulling back from the bark as she admired her work. Her dark body was sheened in a light sweat, the sunlight dappling across her back as it made an effort to break through the trees above.

The moss made a gentle rustle as a rare summer breeze blew through, taking with it a few wisps of her dark hair that she had to tuck back into place.  It was a particularly warm summer’s day, even the swamp water elevated in temperature a few degrees from its normal. Rhea brought the knife down, carefully, from its height and sheathed it before replacing it in her bag. She rummaged through it, the clinking of bottles mixing with the rustling of her dried herbs that she kept with her. They were mostly good for things like headaches and the ilk, but she liked to keep some things on hand with her when she was traversing the swamp.

She found the small pot of white paint that she had been looking for and began to carefully trace the correct symbols with the corresponding colors. A similar vial of blood was waiting to be added next, before she added a blessing to it with herbal smokes. The blessing was not a required step, but she found more joy in it that way.

Messages In This Thread
meet me in the morning sun - by Rhea - 05-04-2018, 10:43 AM
RE: meet me in the morning sun - by Israfel - 05-04-2018, 11:58 PM
RE: meet me in the morning sun - by Rhea - 05-07-2018, 01:42 PM