Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - wildflower afternoon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

Spread seeds

of happiness.

His enthusiasm was infection, and Eulalie could not help but smile, big and kind, in Ipomoea’s direction as he spoke. With her attention directed toward the flowers, she glanced over the myriad of colors laid out before her, and the few he had plucked himself from the table. Her smile softened thoughtfully. They were all so beautiful, she could tell every flower had been chosen with care. There were all sorts of blooms in every shade imaginable, certainly something that would suit any man or woman that approached the booth.

“Those are lovely. You certainly know how to choose a flower, don’t you?” the compliment slipped past her lips with ease, “If you wouldn’t mind throwing in just a touch of purple, I think it would be perfect. Purple is my favorite color.” She kept her head turned, so that he would be able to work with her braid without trouble, but she also kept her attention firmly on him.

“The pleasure is mine, really. I couldn’t have passed up an opportunity to have the master work his magic on my hair,” she laughed lightly, joyfully, “Besides, someone really needed to tell you how wonderful of a job you’ve done with the festival. It’s an inspired idea, really.” The genuineness of her voice added a warm tone to it that could not be fabricated. It was a quality that Eulalie simply possessed, to be honest and considerable whenever possible. She’d had experience with unkindness and never wished to be that way herself.

She glanced out of the corner of her eye at the mahogany and ivory man, taking in his expression and the mindfulness of his voice. Eulalie offered him a soft smile. “The thing about family, real family, is that they will love you for who you are.” Then she looked out over the gathered crowd, watching everyone as they enjoyed themselves. Somewhere out there was Somnus, she was sure, and Ulric, who was more family to her than the one she had left behind in Solterra.

“Oh, just a little over a year now,” she responded to his question. “In some ways it feels like very little time has passed, but I also can’t imagine how I could have lived anywhere else.” A happy sigh escaped her, brushing past her lips without thought. She was very content here. In Delumine, a whole world had been opened up to her that she had never had the chance to explore before. A world in which she was her own person, and belonged to no one. It was something she could never forget and would always be grateful for. “What about you? Have you always lived in Delumine?”

@Ipomoea <3

space

Messages In This Thread
wildflower afternoon - by Eulalie - 05-04-2018, 05:15 PM
RE: wildflower afternoon - by Ipomoea - 05-24-2018, 11:04 PM
RE: wildflower afternoon - by Eulalie - 06-10-2018, 07:59 PM